High School-sideways Leap Frogs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 29, 2012
I seen this stunt many years ago where they did a leap frog but it was to the sides. Let me set it up for you so I can find out if this is legal.
You have two stunt groups side by side with an additional two bases on the farthest right side, flyers facing forward, they load in like they are going to do a extension, but the bases toss the flyer sideways at her peak to other bases with them landing in a load in position. The backspot maintains contact with the flyer at all times. I tried to find a video but can't seem to find one yet. Any help would be awesome as I'm wanting to do this stunt with reload to a pyramid, but thought it would def. add visuals.

Yes that is legal as long as the back spot maintains contact the whole time. I'm under the impression you have a stunt group (2 bases, flyer, and back) and essentially you are moving to a new set of bases next to the original two but keeping same flyer and back.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Yes that is legal as long as the back spot maintains contact the whole time. I'm under the impression you have a stunt group (2 bases, flyer, and back) and essentially you are moving to a new set of bases next to the original two but keeping same flyer and back.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
Yes! Exactly. The back spot moves with the flyer to the new bases. I finally have enough that I can do this stunt and came up with an awesome stunt sequence with it so I'm so glad it is legal. YEAH! Thank you for your help.

We teach these at UCA camps, it's alot of fun (for games or practices) to keep going so they are hopping down the line of multiple groups or go back and forth with the two groups as a contest to see who can do it the most.

We teach these at UCA camps, it's alot of fun (for games or practices) to keep going so they are hopping down the line of multiple groups or go back and forth with the two groups as a contest to see who can do it the most.
Awesome! I'm wanting to use them as part of our pyramid sequence for competition! Have a killer sequence in my head and on paper, just have to get them to nail it now. : )

Back