High School high school uniforms! SHOW THEM OFFF :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well I think thats what my school is going for haha.

What school is that? Im from the Chicago area too and I haven't seen many other teams with knee highs.

We're in the city. So it's a city school with a verrrryyyy city squad. They don't compete, they only do sideline.

Hey everyone!! Below are my HS uniform. We started using the knee socks late in the season.. it was actually my idea!! I wanted to see what your opinion of the white knee socks are? Some of my teammates dont like them outside because of how easily they can be stained with grass, or mud. I love them, and so does my coach, and a lot of my teammates do like them... I personally watch to keep them clean!! :D

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzu.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvf.jpg
I definitely like the crew (quarter length?) socks better. We wear them with reebok high tops and very clean simple uniforms and plain white bows, so it does give a very collegiate feel, which is what we're going for. Our crew socks are white with a thin blue stripe around the top and a blue pawprint on the side. They're so cute!

I like knee socks for game day (just football) but not for competition. I also like the quarter length because I feel it has a very UCA college feel.

The 1/4 length feels very Morehead/ UK to me. Actually, I think it just feels like the whole state of Kentucky now that I think about it! I thing Greenup and Dunbar wear the 1/4 too. Still, not a fan. I guess it comes from my gymnastics judging days, we look for a long leg line, and don't like anything that breaks up that line (like a high sock). Also, to me, the no-show socks feel more athletic.

The 1/4 length feels very Morehead/ UK to me. Actually, I think it just feels like the whole state of Kentucky now that I think about it! I thing Greenup and Dunbar wear the 1/4 too. Still, not a fan. I guess it comes from my gymnastics judging days, we look for a long leg line, and don't like anything that breaks up that line (like a high sock). Also, to me, the no-show socks feel more athletic.
Yeah thats very true, but I think I just like the more collegiate feel it gives to the team. My coaches are obsessed with looking like a college team. Dunbar wears them? Thats interesting.

We just got our uniforms, and I really dislike them. This uniform is for JV seniors (I don't know if you saw my thread called Seniors on JV? but that explains it). Am I being melodramatic or are these actually pretty bad uniforms?

Photoon2011-08-17at0627.jpg
Photoon2011-08-17at0626.jpg

Photoon2011-08-17at06292.jpg

@Just-a-Mom

I thought your daughter decided to be home schooled?

She is. But the law says that if you're homeschooled you may still participate in sports at what would be your neighborhood school. She was still going to cheer. Now she's not - but she was supposed to be captain this year so she's helping with tryouts and then stopping. But they wore the socks last year too...:p when it really was her team.

We just got our uniforms, and I really dislike them. This uniform is for JV seniors (I don't know if you saw my thread called Seniors on JV? but that explains it). Am I being melodramatic or are these actually pretty bad uniforms?

This is the same uniform my daughter's team is supposed to be getting this year, except they will be red and silver. I really think they're cute (although if you saw the old one you'd understand why they needed to distract with socks! :eek: so I may just be excited about ANY change in uniform). I like them though.

I actually like that uni a lot! Very flattering, and the touches of metallic silver are great! The only thing irking me is that lettering - it's a little too high up on the shell for me.. Other than that, I think it looks great and you look great in it! :)

I actually like that uni a lot! Very flattering, and the touches of metallic silver are great! The only thing irking me is that lettering - it's a little too high up on the shell for me.. Other than that, I think it looks great and you look great in it! :)
Thank you! I really needed to hear something positive about these, ive been so bummed about getting them.. But now, not so much. :)

Back