High School high school uniforms! SHOW THEM OFFF :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Okay.. I though my school was the only weird one to do such a weird thing... But guess not...
296000_10150367632800902_1396538191_n.jpg

405617_333381136691505_741751150_n.jpg
dscf0542.jpg

This one even has wands in theres... uhmm...
Cheer%2BCoach.jpg

Sorry for so many pictures, but I guess it's a really common thing that I've never really noticed. As to why seniors wear them? Not sure? Someone care to explain?
But I do think they're really cute! Just kind of strange :confused:

All the schools in my area wear them at some point during homecoming week or at the game. Usually all of them wear it, not just Seniors.

I think the garter thing might be unique to Florida. I never saw them growing up (in the north) but the high schools where I lived in Florida (Sarasota) use them for senior night and/or homecoming.

I agree, the garters are weird...maybe have them for a keepsake, but if I were a coach and it would not happen at a game.

Anyways, I'm not sure if this is just a picture someone found or someone's own team, but why all the slits in the skirt? It would look so much better with just the one in the front IMO.
This is my team unis and omg.. I can not express how much I hate the side slits. The skirt is so tight where the white fabric begins and after one year my skirt has rips on the side slits from jumping & stunting where I've had to stretch my legs open. It's such a pain & I think it's ugly. lol.

I think the garter thing might be unique to Florida. I never saw them growing up (in the north) but the high schools where I lived in Florida (Sarasota) use them for senior night and/or homecoming.
Yeah, all the pictures I posted up there showing the garters on dif teams are all from northern Pinellas county (Tarpon, Palm Harbor, Oldsmar area) Which is about an hour north of Sarasota :)

Interesting!

The whole garter thing reminds me of homecoming mums, which are a Texas thing I believe. Less of an association with "traditional questionable wedding activities", but still the sentiment of having a keepsake, school spirit, and something special for the seniors (as their mums are all white with either silver or gold accents, instead of just school colors that all the other grades wear). It makes me laugh to see the above garters, because in Texas for homecoming it's the boys that wear an armband with a little mum on it which is called a "garter" haha.......boys get the girls a mum and girls get the guy a "garter". Examples: http://www.planoettes.org/docs/2009mumsalead.pdf

The whole garter thing reminds me of homecoming mums, which are a Texas thing I believe. Less of an association with "traditional questionable wedding activities", but still the sentiment of having a keepsake, school spirit, and something special for the seniors (as their mums are all white with either silver or gold accents, instead of just school colors that all the other grades wear). It makes me laugh to see the above garters, because in Texas for homecoming it's the boys that wear an armband with a little mum on it which is called a "garter" haha.......boys get the girls a mum and girls get the guy a "garter". Examples: http://www.planoettes.org/docs/2009mumsalead.pdf

:confused: What in the world. Those things are huge! I wouldn't wanna wear that thing around for homecoming...

:confused: What in the world. Those things are huge! I wouldn't wanna wear that thing around for homecoming...
Girls actually are really proud of the larger mums! It's a big deal. That means your date spent more time or money making it/purchasing it ;) (or their mom did haha)......it was always a show each year to see who had the biggest/prettiest/most elaborate mums that morning at school. Typically if its anything bigger than 1 flower, then there is a ribbon that ties around the neck to hold it up. If it's just one flower, then it's a pin. For cheer, the girls either hang them on the wall or on their megaphone while they're cheering: Cheerleaders with Mums | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Girls actually are really proud of the larger mums! It's a big deal. That means your date spent more time or money making it/purchasing it ;) (or their mom did haha)......it was always a show each year to see who had the biggest/prettiest/most elaborate mums that morning at school. Typically if its anything bigger than 1 flower, then there is a ribbon that ties around the neck to hold it up. If it's just one flower, then it's a pin. For cheer, the girls either hang them on the wall or on their megaphone while they're cheering: Cheerleaders with Mums | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Oh wow! Those are huge! It's sounds like a fun thing, but i'd just keep it on the wall or something else besides me ;)

those are huge!! so where exactly do they wear these? like to the actual dance or what? im from wisconsin and cannot picture this lol. My friend moved to Texas but i never saw her with this or anything like it.

Back