High School High School Videos 2015-2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just a general question but in your opinion would you say that the judging in your state (for your state competition) is super biased? In Iowa it is and it's such a pain...

Updated: "Bias" isn't the correct word as I would say that judging seems to differ greatly from one competition to the next which is why scores vary so much from one to another.

Last edited:
I agree 100% Iowa judging is VERY biased. I could go into tons of detail about it but I will restrain myself from ranting as many of us coaches had a serious rant fest about it.

Really, I'm not trying to stir any drama.... But in what division exactly? The winners this year were mostly cut and dry. Looking at the totals for 4A, the only thing that concerned me were the teams that scored high in motions and maybe did twelve motions total in their cheer. For most teams not placing well with clean routines, it's due to not utilizing the scoresheet.

WDMV had like, what.... 8 or 9 straight state titles in 4A large before they moved down to 4A? They didn't have the greatest showing at state and even got a deduction this year. I think they got 6th this year? Just kinda confused where you got the biased vibe from. I thought BCLUW had a clean routine with that was the right amount of difficulty for them.

The only cheer comp around Iowa I've noticed any "bias" was probably at Triton challenge.

Up late with a sick kiddo and a friend sent me this in my email.

Apparently this is a state champion team in WV.

The opening jump sequence in the cheer is ridiculous. 7 jumps. Seven. On a hard floor.

Then I got to the stunt sequence with two-man tick tocks.

What is in the water down there?

Sidenote: The "no mats" thing is a tad scary! Surprised they are still doing that.

Last edited:
^^^^^^So good! I did some quick Googling and apparently SC has some serious high school talent.

River Bluff HS in South Carolina.

Chapin HS in South Carolina.

Last edited:
Thanks @oncecoolcoachnowmom we really do! The state competition is crazy fierce each year. Next year our high school league is reconfiguring the 4A, 3A, etc. divisions in all sports that will add 5A for the first time. It will be interesting to see exactly where the schools will land. We are 3A. I'm pretty sure the second link you posted is Chapin. They were the Champions in our division! They are so good!!

Really, I'm not trying to stir any drama.... But in what division exactly? The winners this year were mostly cut and dry. Looking at the totals for 4A, the only thing that concerned me were the teams that scored high in motions and maybe did twelve motions total in their cheer. For most teams not placing well with clean routines, it's due to not utilizing the scoresheet.

WDMV had like, what.... 8 or 9 straight state titles in 4A large before they moved down to 4A? They didn't have the greatest showing at state and even got a deduction this year. I think they got 6th this year? Just kinda confused where you got the biased vibe from. I thought BCLUW had a clean routine with that was the right amount of difficulty for them.

The only cheer comp around Iowa I've noticed any "bias" was probably at Triton challenge.

That's what Im trying to say is that from one comp to another it was biased because the scores for many teams were totally different, it wasn't about state. More so just the big changes/differences in scoring between the two competitions so maybe using bias wasn't the appropriate word. Just wish there was more consistency with the scoring.

Last edited:
Just a general question but in your opinion would you say that the judging in your state (for your state competition) is super biased? In Iowa it is and it's such a pain...
There's been some debate in Maine over the last 8 or so years whether or not there is/was biased judging, specifically in regard to the fact that the head of judges had a daughter that cheered in high school while her mom held her position, and this team won states 3 out of the 4 years her daughter cheered. One specific win (2008) is very questionable, but I might be a little biased about that one because my high school's team came in 2nd to them and in my (and many other people who aren't from my town) opinion we should have won. I was in 7th grade that year and didn't even cheer for my school yet (still played basketball) but I still feel strongly that the wrong team won that year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back