OT Hobbies To Keep You Busy When You Can't Cheer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Miss Bee is right on Bow Thread...it has all kinds of info. And you could perfect making cupcakes (too many cupcake profile pics!). You could go trhough your pictures and make some memory albums. Figure out how to do computer stuff you always meant to learn (for me, organize pics, back up, and mix music as level5mom suggested,make ipod playlists).

Set up a company that processes requests from international cheer kids so I can get all the pro shop apparel I want sent to you, and then you can ship them to me for one flat fee :D

I definitely vote for this suggestion! You could make lots of money with it (and I would gladly advertise it in Germany)!

Otherwise:
- scrapbooking
- making bows
- baking / cooking
- learn a new language
- whatever craft you like (there's tons of things you can do!)
- reading
- volunteering (hospital, home for the elderly, daycare, church - there are endless possibilities. I know in my town they love to have volunteers simply to read the newspaper or books to people who can't)
- drawing
- writing
- finally clean out your computer (virus scan, backup data, delete files, re-organize files, etc.)
- backup data from your mobile

Foster animals: the animal shelters here get kittens and puppies fostered out in the community for a few months at a time when they're not doing well in shelter care. They'll keep you company and you can help each other trough recovery :)

Learn to embroider: I can only do a simple chain stitch but I embroider my/teammates' names on our practice wear.

Set up a company that processes requests from international cheer kids so I can get all the pro shop apparel I want sent to you, and then you can ship them to me for one flat fee :D

if you know the best way to approach this, im open to it :)
as for the foster animals, i LOVE animals. but that ones off the list unfortunately. although they are cute and innocent, their little balls of energy may bring unwanted bruises. gotta avoid anything that could possibly cause bruising or bleeding. :(

If you're a student, I would highly consider finding some online classes to take. They're relatively cheap and usually go to your own pace.

if you know the best way to approach this, im open to it :)
as for the foster animals, i LOVE animals. but that ones off the list unfortunately. although they are cute and innocent, their little balls of energy may bring unwanted bruises. gotta avoid anything that could possibly cause bruising or bleeding. :(
I'll let you know when I have enough money saved up to go nuts! And probably when I need a new pair of shoes too, can you believe that they charge $100 for the new varsity shoes here, and they're only $65 in the US?! Same price difference with Nfinitys. Craziness.

It must be so hard being you at the moment, I get bruises everyday just being me, jumping over couches and tripping over my cat and falling into bed. I really hope you get better soon and I'm so sorry you had such a terrible experience from what we all assume to be a simple medication.

Ugh basically same situation but I can't really make bows since I'm not allowed to keep my head down really. I know you don't want to hear it, but I have been finding a lot of shows I like and haven't watched before.
Paint your nails!
Online shopping haha
Go online and see if your local library has a system where they lend audiobooks over the net. I'm not injured (or a cheerleader for that matter!) but I do listen to them taking those long drives to comps. Buying audiobooks adds up fast (they can cost $20 each!) so the library thing is a moneysaver.

go to a craft store and basically buy the whole place. there is soooo much stuff to do that will keep you busy all summer: scrapbooking, learn to knit (dorky i know but it passes time...), make bracelet, bows, the possibilitys are endless!!! good luck and have fun :)
Knittings not dorky! I get so bored at long practices that I started knitting and next thing I knew, my cp and her friends were asking me to make them custom sweaters!
I even have a garter stitch blanket that I bring to comps bc I can knit it in the dark while I'm watching other teams :)

I also heard that knitting is good for brain activity since you are using both sides of you brain at once which most times people don't do. It helps with brain flow and thought proccess and is why people who play musical instruments have higher academic achievements. So really, you are unintentionally raising your GPA while having fun! Yay!

Knittings not dorky! I get so bored at long practices that I started knitting and next thing I knew, my cp and her friends were asking me to make them custom sweaters!
I even have a garter stitch blanket that I bring to comps bc I can knit it in the dark while I'm watching other teams :)
My mom knits mobius scarves, they're the best to wear in warm ups because they don't have any dangling bits to catch on anything :)

i know!!! i actually love knitting too!! i meant that if someones never knitted before it might seem dorky because when people think of knitting they think of grandmas in rocking chairs. KNITTERS UNITE!!!!

Besides knitting, crochet is fun too. Years ago, a mom crocheted every girl on my daughter's team a beautiful scarf for one of their out-of-town competitions. You can learn just a few stitches and make a bunch of different things.

okay, so this may be a stupid question, but how the heck do you use stumbleupon??? lol

Back