High School Holiday Community Service

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 18, 2015
Our squad is big into community service... And we are looking to do something a little different this year. We have done a canned food drive, last year we sang Christmas Carols at some local retirement establishments and squad members made cards for residents... We've done a coats/blankets for kids drive and have fed families at the local food bank.. We are really looking for something new to do this year. I welcome any ideas anyone might have...

Not a high school, but our allstar gym stars vipers does a lot of community service.

We participated the last two years with coats for kids with cheer America. We have been the top donation winner both seasons and they donated over 2100 coats (not all ours) but we have handed in the most to them both years.

We also are doing a blue Santa Christmas toy drive as we speak.

The week of thanksgiving we had a camp and asked everyone to decorate cookies for the senior facility next door as some may not have loved ones come visit them. I do believe those cookies had so much diabetes in one bite as the little kids were heavy on the decorations but they were so freaking cute.

Last year we did letters for the troops at this time.
Those are the holiday ones I can think of right now.

Also we collect toiletries year round for Ronald McDonald house. Unused hotel samples really add up plus everyone's generous donation gets a lot turned in.

We also have soda tab collection contests between the teams, the tabs represent minutes for chemo. We have been doing that for two seasons straight.

Last year we did a drive for the local pet rescue but have not yet this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always like the community service that has the kids actually doing something as opposed to parents buying things that will be donated. Ex CP did (and still does) a lot of community service and the playing bingo at the retirement home or making dinner for Room In The Inn guests are the ones she remembers. Not to say the donations aren't important because there is great need. It's just the actual volunteering seem to have more of an impact for her.

I always like the community service that has the kids actually doing something as opposed to parents buying things that will be donated. Ex CP did (and still does) a lot of community service and the playing bingo at the retirement home or making dinner for Room In The Inn guests are the ones she remembers. Not to say the donations aren't important because there is great need. It's just the actual volunteering seem to have more of an impact for her.
I agree that I really like the interaction of the kids seeing first hand WHO and HOW they are helping...

Back