Houston Gym Help ??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 7, 2014
Hi,
We are moving to Houston in the next few weeks and need to find a gym ASAP :) My 9yr old is basing on a Youth 4 team and flying on a Youth 2 team. What are some of the larger and smaller gyms that people would recommend ? I apologize if this has already been asked, I'm new to the forum and still a bit confused on how to use it. Thank you :)

There a a ton of gyms in the Houston area...it might help if you give amore specific area you'll be moving to.

This will highly depend on the area you are planning to live in. Traffic in Houston is absolutely horrible, so I wouldn't plan on trying to get anywhere too far from you around the loop to get to practice........ hwy 610 = parking lot, hwy 8 (Bush tollway) = toll road, etc. etc.....pretty much every major freeway will have high traffic around rush hours.

Some of the big names here (many with satellite gyms) are:

North & West Houston
Woodlands Elite - oak ridge, magnolia, katy, humble, tomball
*main gym is north near The Woodlands*
Prodigy - cypress & katy
*main gym is the cypress gym*
Texas Lonestar - spring & katy
*main gym is the spring gym*

Southeast Houston
Allstar Revolution - south east houston.....by the space center
University Cheer Air Force - south east houston..... by hobby airport

There are a TON of medium to small gyms throughout the metroplex as well though. I would HIGHLY suggest picking something fairly close to where you will live if possible. We measure distance here not by miles but by minutes of traffic, as the traffic is always fairly awful! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
@Kristi30 - sent you a PM. What area of Houston are you moving to?

Mommy to 2 kiddos! One CP and one undecided sports fan :)

The Fierce Board App!

Woodlands Elite is my favorite! We love it so much we drive an hour and a half one way to get there! If you have questions about Woodlands Elite feel free to PM me!

@cheerforeverever made a great list. Apex cheer is also popular.

Woodlands Elite. They have every team at every skill level and are bound to have a location close to you in the Houston area. Your CP is young so just start her at a place where she can grow and always have the right fit and never lack for an opportunity. WE has 6 worlds teams this year. :eek: That might be more than the rest of Houston combined. There are so many awesome programs in Houston though, your bound to find a good fit. Best of luck.

Thanks everyone for your input :) We are looking at Katy & Cypress. My husband travels a lot so it's wherever I find a house we like and is in a good school district.

Thanks everyone for your input :) We are looking at Katy & Cypress. My husband travels a lot so it's wherever I find a house we like and is in a good school district.

Katy & Cypress are both great areas with strong school districts. There are many many schools within Katy & Cypress-Fairbanks ISDs, so especially look at the zoning of which elementary/middle/high school in the district a house would pertain to! This does make a difference.

In my opinion, generally anything south of I-10 in Katy is nicer than that directly north of I-10......not that north of I-10 is by any means bad in Katy. The zoning areas for Cinco Ranch HS, Taylor HS, etc. are just a bit more "fufu" than that of Mayde Creek & Morton Ranch from what I have seen (which I prefer....*cue princess crown*). La Centerra is fun to walk around in Cinco Ranch, and easy I-10 access makes the area good for getting into the city should you want to (Ikea, CityCenter, Memorial City Mall, etc. are not too far down if out of primetime traffic). I haven't been too far down to see Tompkins or Seven Lakes HS areas really, but I have heard there are some nice neighborhoods down there as well. The palladium movie theater down that way is definitely worth a see.

Once you get about 15-20 min north of I-10, it starts to get into some "fu-fu" neighborhoods again. There is just a weird grey zone of sorts directly north of I-10 katy for 15-20 min (it's more country north of old Katy area, and more barrio north of George bush park...again not scary just not as nice in my opinion). Cypress Fairbanks ISD has 11 different high schools (all named aptly "Cy-something".....try keeping those straight HA), so really anything more towards Cypress itself is not bad. There are the Cypress Outlets on 290 which make a fun shopping excursion, and a ton of restaurants, etc. in the area as well.

Ultimately, Hwy 290 is similar to I-10: It will have traffic during rush hours, but can be manageable outside of prime traffic times. Drive around and see what you see. I'm sure you will find something! :)

Last edited:
You should either go to All Star Revolution or Texas Cheer. Woodlands Elite is good too, they have like 4 gym locations all around the Houston area. All 3 of those gyms are very good, so if you need help deciding, just go with whichever one is closest to you.

Back