All-Star How Can I Talk My Mom Into Letting Me Do All-star Cheerleading?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 8, 2013
I want to do all-star cheerleading in high school instead of school cheerleading. But my mom says that it's to expensive and they travel too far. Tree rain I don't want to do high school cheer of because there is too much drama and is all-star, the girls don't know what goes on in your school. I've told my mom that I'd start babysitting regularly to help pay and she still said no. Does anyone have any ideas oh how I can get get to let me do it? If you do, that would be awesome! Thanks

Last edited:
I want to do all-star cheerleading in high school instead of school cheerleading. But my mom says that it's to expensive and they travel too far. Tree rain I don't want to do high school cheer of because there is too much drama and is all-star, the girls don't know what goes on in your school. I've told my mom that is start babysitting regularly to help pay and she still said no. Does anyone have any ideas oh how I can get get to let me do it? If you do, that would be awesome! Thanks
I finally convinced my parents. I got a job as waitress and did school cheer this year to show them I'm committed. I'm deciding between two gyms. One of them is farther away so I talked to few people and set up a carpool if I go to that one. If I go to the closer one I promised my parents that I'll drive myself and pay for the gas. I hope this helps!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I finally convinced my parents. I got a job as waitress and did school cheer this year to show them I'm committed. I'm deciding between two gyms. One of them is farther away so I talked to few people and set up a carpool if I go to that one. If I go to the closer one I promised my parents that I'll drive myself and pay for the gas. I hope this helps!

Thanks for the advice but I'm only 13 do I can't greet a job or drive. But I do have a carpool already. Once of my best friend goes to the gym in looking at.

Have you had your mom look into exactly what the cost is? Sometimes people are pleasantly surprised once they see the actual numbers. Also, see if the gym has a low travel team. Many do and it's a great way to do All Star without the huge time/money commitment.

Have you had your mom look into exactly what the cost is? Sometimes people are pleasantly surprised once they see the actual numbers. Also, see if the gym has a low travel team. Many do and it's a great way to do All Star without the huge time/money commitment.

Check with the gym. Several gyms have fundraising opportunities to help pay for expenses.

Also, I would talk about how Allstar cheer is considered safer than hs cheer. The coaches are credentialed and we use a spring board and require mats , whereas hs kids often are outside or on a gym floor.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I convinced my mom last year to let me try out allstar cheer last year in October and she loves it. She sees how much I enjoy it and how much I'm dedicated. I got her to go to the gym I wanted to be at and the connection was great from there! I'm on a half year team to "try out" allstar cheer but I love it. She is going to let me do full year this year. You should sit down and talk to her about trying an half year team or an non travel team (I know lots of gyms have teams like that). You two should at least go check out some options of gyms and speak with them to evaluate the gym and prices. Maybe you could even ask if you and your mom could watch a practice to see if it's something you really would like to do. Show her videos of all levels of allstar cheerleading ( whatever you do, DO NOT watch cheer perfection with her! My mom thought that all cheer moms were like that when we watched an episode together when it first aired. :confused:) Maybe after she understands the prices, actually sees the program, and how much you like cheerleading, she will consider it. Hope I helped and good luck! :D:p

Back