All-Star How Can It Be Considered A "states" Competition??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wow, and I thought Illinois was bad... :confused:

Here is my opinion (because I know you are all wondering). If you like CSP and want your child to go there, great. If you don't, go somewhere else! I don't think you can make assumptions about another gym unless you've been there.

That's the nice version of everything I'm thinking.

Thank you. Meet the person before you judge.. otherwise, just find a place where you can be happy.

Why is it ALWAYS about the same gym?? Every year there are issues.
Think it might have something to do with that gym becoming big enough and successful enough to step on some "big toes" in the cheer world? Or a group that is not willing to be bullied by the conglomerate that is pulling the strings of cheer right now? Anyone who questions the way things are being run or stands up to the wrong that is being done gets labeled as a trouble maker, or a problem... oh well... I support that "problem child" because she is doing what is right for the sport. Period.

“Some history-making is intentional; much of it is accidental. People make history when they scale a mountain, ignite a bomb, or refuse to move to the back of the bus. But they also make history by keeping diaries, writing letters, or embroidering initials on linen sheets. History is a conversation and sometimes a shouting match between present and past, though often the voices we most want to hear are barely audible. People make history by passing on gossip, saving old records, and by naming rivers, mountains, and children. Some people leave only their bones, though bones too make a history when someone notices.”
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History

Cool seen that quote used a lot, whatever, seems like there are MANY other gyms that have worked their way to the top also. It's seems like its others that are to blame for the issues. Have a great year!

I find it amazing...I don't know why, because this happens in every sport that I know of...that it's the adults that seem to suck the fun out of stuff for the kids. I am relatively new to this sport...this is only Babydonna's 2nd year in allstar...but I am appalled by the behavior of folks who get into it over whose gym is doing what. We're supposed to be providing a great environment in which our kids can learn, grow, compete, and have fun. It's every gym's choice which comps they want to go to. My opinion is that if you don't want to compete against the best, don't go where they're going. If you want to be the best, concentrate on the training of your athletes and the excellence of your own program. What are we teaching our kids here? That is my question. Yes, it is a business, and yes, I understand that. I just wish we could all get along and work together for the better of the kids involved in this sport. :chillpill:

I find it amazing...I don't know why, because this happens in every sport that I know of...that it's the adults that seem to suck the fun out of stuff for the kids. I am relatively new to this sport...this is only Babydonna's 2nd year in allstar...but I am appalled by the behavior of folks who get into it over whose gym is doing what. We're supposed to be providing a great environment in which our kids can learn, grow, compete, and have fun. It's every gym's choice which comps they want to go to. My opinion is that if you don't want to compete against the best, don't go where they're going. If you want to be the best, concentrate on the training of your athletes and the excellence of your own program. What are we teaching our kids here? That is my question. Yes, it is a business, and yes, I understand that. I just wish we could all get along and work together for the better of the kids involved in this sport. :chillpill:

I hope you know making logical statements in this thread is not allowed... ;)

This thread is ridiculous. The issue is between Universal Spirit and CEA. Courtney knows exactly why they aren't going and a creative story has been spun to make it everyone else's fault. CEA hasn't gone to this comp in years and to pretend this is a new issue is insane.

Pray tell, what is the real reason, then?

Or is it better to just stoke the fire?

Here is my opinion (because I know you are all wondering). If you like CSP and want your child to go there, great. If you don't, go somewhere else! I don't think you can make assumptions about another gym unless you've been there.

1. You make me laugh.
2. Illinois, Schmillinois. Cheer Drama isn't bad in Illinois at all. PS: I have family in Belleville.
3. I hate speculative threads that unravel to the point of personal insult, uneducated input and the inevitable 'it's Varsity's fault' perspective interjected. We get blamed for a lot of stuff, but CEA teams are picking up more Varsity comps as a result of this issue (NCA Atlanta just grew and I spent the day w/tons of CEA teams at UCA yesterday) so if we can sit out the blame train this time, that'd be awesome.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! I have had my Laugh for the day over this Silliness!!!!!! Cheers Ya'll!!!:fro::chillpill::deadhorse:
Yeah...reminds me of the whole "I'm looking for a gym in Charlotte" thread I started a couple of years ago. Sheesh!

Southern Illinois is quiet. :D Drama in this area is a PBS Saturday Afternoon Kids Special compared to what happens elsewhere. It is Northern Illinois that you always here about the crazy cheer drama situations. If there is one thing I know about cheer drama in NC is that the stuff (both truth and rumors) that does not make the social media of what goes on would truly make your head explode.

Drama and rumor aside, any business can refuse to serve a customer, if they feel it is in their better interests not to do so. Public opinion may or may not matter in those cases, especially if they feel they will gain more in the long run by their decision. As long as their refusal of service does not break local, state or federal laws, then they have that right. Since the actual competition had not occurred as of yet they had the right to say thanks, but no thanks. As to the exact letter of their reasoning it is completely between them and CSP. Everything else is conjecture, even if it is based on an aspect of truth.

I don't think anyone is denying they have the right of refusal. The original question though was, if they do refuse programs, do they still have a State championship on their hands, or would it be like holding the ACC basketball tournament but telling Duke or Carolina they couldn't come? Not a perfect analogy, I know, but I believe it to be in the spirit of the original question.

Edited to correct spelling**

Back