All-Star How Can It Be Considered A "states" Competition??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

wait...I'm late to this party. Varsity OWNS gyms? Which ones?
Some of the Premier Athletics ones, I think? I remember someone telling me about it via here..and thinking about how that can't POSSIBLY be a good idea.

Hey, legitimacy of sport- explain to outside people how a company with a controlling stake in the industry can not only own gyms but have them compete at their events. Wouldn't that be like Nike owning a basketball team and hosting the NBA finals?

There is HS States AND allstar States that same weekend. The allstar comp is technically "USA States" put on by Universal Spirit (the same as SOH) in Greensboro.
Ahh, now it makes sense. We don't go to Spirit of Hope anymore (after years of going) because of their crazy scoring. But it was nice that it was only 2.5 hours away!

Universal Spirit is using Varsity's scoresheet.
You seriously made my day when you told me that. I posted a happy dance on my facebook page and have about 15 likes on it already. That's the best thing to happen to our entire competition schedule!

Now if we can just get "patch the pirate" to stop announcing awards....

"THE NEW....national champions arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre......"

Makes me want to drink rum and get into a sword fight or something.

You seriously made my day when you told me that. I posted a happy dance on my facebook page and have about 15 likes on it already. That's the best thing to happen to our entire competition schedule!

Oh, it can be arranged ;)

I thought we were the only ones that called him a pirate! We make a point of trying to get a picture of him every year!

Some of the Premier Athletics ones, I think? I remember someone telling me about it via here..and thinking about how that can't POSSIBLY be a good idea.

Hey, legitimacy of sport- explain to outside people how a company with a controlling stake in the industry can not only own gyms but have them compete at their events. Wouldn't that be like Nike owning a basketball team and hosting the NBA finals?
I am pretty sure they own all of premier athletics but I could be wrong.

Honestly!!!!!:fro:

AAAAHAHA! My husband and I always say that we hope somebody is standing by with Ricola for him or something! LOL!

Universal Spirit will hold the North Carolina All Star State Championship on Sunday, December 9, 2012 at Greensboro Special Events Center in Greensboro, NC.
The event expects to draw all star programs of all skill levels from across the state of North Carolina. This event provides an excellent opportunity for your team and all star program to compete against the rest of this region.

They really should post a disclaimer that says "With the exception of Cheer Extreme because we will not allow them to attend this competition"

Back