How Can My Team Learn This Stunt?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 7, 2013
i already posted this in the newbie forum but i figured this may help more. anyways here it is:

my team is trying to learn the CA Lady Bullets stunt at 6:16 in this video and we're having a bit of a hard time. can someone explain in detail how to do it? as in what the bases do and when they do it, what the flyers do and when they do it, and what the back spots do and when they do it. we have an idea of it but I want to make sure we're doing it correctly. thanks in advanced :) xo

My team did something similar where the flyer swung fowards and then back up in to the prep/extension and they aren't quite as difficult as it looks if your flyer stays tight and isn't a noodle.

Backspot - holds under the seat/top of thighs in the pike sit. Lets go during the swing thru and then grabs ankles and helps pull legs together and up for the extension

Bases - from the teddy bear, outside arm grabs shoe like the would hold similar to a exension and the other hand is reaching through under the flyers leg to grab wrist to wrist with the flyer. Dip to give it a little height to initiate the swing through. The hand on the foot is going to be your power hand to get the flyer up, very important to use your legs on the swing through and dip.

Flyer - TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT. This stunt will not work if the flyers limbs bend at any point. From the pike sit the bases dip and the flyer will get a slight pop to initiate the swing through. Think of it similar to a straddle forward roll but she cannot be "throwing" herself down towards the ground.

Back