All-Star How Come Girls Get Sports Bras?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I can understand where you're coming from... I have 7 boys in my program. Its a matter of need and want. most gyms have unisex tees for boys and girls, that goes out to everyone. Girls NEED sports bras. So we mass produce em. Boys don't NEED compression tops. When its hot out the girls rock the sports bra, when the boys get hot they just take their tops off all together. It would cost most gyms too much money in setup to have only a handful printed. Plus none of my boys would wear compression tops to practice. However we do have tank-tops for both boys and girls.

Agreed, if its too hot for a shirt then I wont wear it. I find compression tops uncomfortable and get hot in them. Idk maybe its just me but Im pretty simple and shorts and a T is all that I want/would wear to practice. Its just practice everything else seem unnecessary to me.

i know cheering is a majority female sport, but how come girls gets coooool looking practice attire? there r so many times that i say that a sports bra is cool looking y cant a guy have a compression shirt like taht. ya i know guys can wear tshirts from gyms and stuff, but as can girls, but yet girls get dope looking sportsbras too. Im hoping cool looking apparel gyms like Stingrays, California, Arizona Power can get compression shirts (underarmour type shirts) that guys can wear too...

sorry if this is kinda odd, i just want cool looking compression shirts.

another thing, i love collecting shirts, but id never buy one, idk y.... but id def buy compression shirts if gyms had them, especially since i know girls wont carry them to trade
CALI got boys compression shirts to match the sports bras for some of the guys, but the guys didnt like it

Stealth Phoenix had Worlds practice compression shirts that matched the girls sports bras last year too, but again most of the guys weren't having it

I think it should be a requirement that boys wear either a t-shirt or tank top to practice. I think it's tasteless to let boys run around shirtless in a gym. I think the gym should provide a practice wear to the boys. They are very much a part of the team and should be given the same consideration as the girls. I know from my cp's point of view, she doesn't want to be stunting with a shirtless sweaty boy.

It gets over 100 degrees in the gym, your daughter would be covered in the boys sweat with or without a shirt. Get over it. The boys are not "running around" the gym shirtless, they are training. I guess you have never been to a gymnastics gym when the boys are in rotation... no one wears a top. Blah, over you.

It gets over 100 degrees in the gym, your daughter would be covered in the boys sweat with or without a shirt. Get over it. The boys are not "running around" the gym shirtless, they are training. I guess you have never been to a gymnastics gym when the boys are in rotation... no one wears a top. Blah, over you.

Wow...so aggressive! And no, I've never been to a gymnastics gym where boys are in rotation. The gymnastics gym where we've visited, boys wear the appropriate clothing. I was simply stating my opinion and not attacking anyone. I was simply stating that boys should have appropriate clothes to train in and not be left out, which I believe was the point of this topic. This is MY OPINION. Sorry if you were offended.

I like tshirts but want cool looking compression shirts that r sublimated or blinged out...

As for shirts or shirtless, I personally don't have the body to where I feel comfortable enough, so that doesn't impact me lol

Wow...so aggressive! And no, I've never been to a gymnastics gym where boys are in rotation. The gymnastics gym where we've visited, boys wear the appropriate clothing. I was simply stating my opinion and not attacking anyone. I was simply stating that boys should have appropriate clothes to train in and not be left out, which I believe was the point of this topic. This is MY OPINION. Sorry if you were offended.

calling a gym "tasteless" for having shirtless boys at practice is ridiculous. Don't go to Cali Coed or Top Gun's gym or any college coed practice... you would faint with all the skin exposed. Your view on whats appropriate for competitive cheerleading is a bit outdated.

I like tshirts but want cool looking compression shirts that r sublimated or blinged out...

As for shirts or shirtless, I personally don't have the body to where I feel comfortable enough, so that doesn't impact me lol

if you are serious about getting super cool practice clothing... I would check out this guy!

Shawn Miller | Facebook

He is one of the leading designers in sublimated practice clothing.

calling a gym "tasteless" for having shirtless boys at practice is ridiculous. Don't go to Cali Coed or Top Gun's gym or any college coed practice... you would faint with all the skin exposed. Your view on whats appropriate for competitive cheerleading is a bit outdated.
Once again, simply my opinion, outdated or not, right or wrong. Apparently, I think the new rules set forth about appropriate attire for our athletes is a bit more conservative than my own. Wondering what you think about the new rules stating if girls have exposed midriffs, they should be covered up if they are not performing? Just curious.

Our program has half tops from Seniors to Tinys. When off the floor we require them to cover up. I have never liked watching athletes walk around a competition in a crop top. I like the rule, too many creepers.

We were at a competition at a convection center and a few halls down was an NA conference. I saw a few males chain smoking watching kids stretch in the halls. Very creepy.

Agreed, if its too hot for a shirt then I wont wear it. I find compression tops uncomfortable and get hot in them. Idk maybe its just me but Im pretty simple and shorts and a T is all that I want/would wear to practice. Its just practice everything else seem unnecessary to me.

Mini has compression shirts - as practice wear and random wear, and he really doesn't like them either. Sure, they look sweet, but my little stinky monster sweats like a pig when he practices in them.

Shirt or no shirt doesn't really bother me but in stunting wouldn't a girl in a sports bra and a guy shirtless get a little ..um... slippery?? ;)

We've used matching compression tops from GK for the past two seasons printed or embellished with sequinz to match the girls sports bras.

Back