Music How Do Cheer Djs Price Their Mixes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 5, 2014
Hi, Ive always wondered and been curious of how cheer mixers price there mixes?
does anyone know?
people always ask me how much I charge on my channel Cheerleading Mixes - YouTube
I dont make mixes for teams, I just free mix and upload what i made for anyone to use.
But if I did start building clients I wouldnt know how to price my mixes.

does anyone know?
people always ask me how much I charge on my channel Cheerleading Mixes - YouTube
I dont make mixes for teams, I just free mix and upload what i made for anyone to use.
Try looking at the pricing on other DJs' sites.

does anyone know?
Not a mixer, but for design services I was given an article. Copying and pasting the part to come up with your hourly rate. Old article so you would need to account for updated tax numbers and inflation.

"Step 1: Determine your salary. That’s right, you get to decide what is the salary you need your business to pay you, before taxes. Let’s work with $40,000. This is the “100% figure that corresponds to Peleg Top’s Money Management System. Add 30% on top of that to cover your income tax. 30% of $40,000 is $12,000. Therefore, you need to pull $52,000 per year from your business.

Step 2: Figure your labor hourly rate. That is how much money you make for every hour that you work, or more accurately, for every hour that you bill a client. To do that, determine how many hours you’ll be working for clients in a year. 1142 hours is an industry standard used for figuring hourly rates, and it’s based on a 40-hour work week. (If you’re working part time, figure it based on the number of hours you actually work per week.) Based a standard 40-hour work week, there are 2080 working hours in a year (52 weeks x 40 hours/week). In reality, however, people get sick and take days off. The standard number used for days off is 176 hours (that’s 22 8-hour days). So, 2080–76 = 1904 working hours in the year. That doesn’t mean you’re billing all 1904 hours. If your business is healthy and thriving, you’ll spend approximately 40% of your time on administrative duties, managing, invoicing, filing, marketing, travel, etc. So that means 60% of your time is billable. 60% of 1904 is 1142. To calculate your hourly rate, take the total salary you need ($52,000) and divide it by 1142 hours. That brings your labor hourly rate to $45.53. If you work and bill 1142 hours at this rate, you’ll make the after-tax income of $40,000 you want."

Not a mixer, but for design services I was given an article. Copying and pasting the part to come up with your hourly rate. Old article so you would need to account for updated tax numbers and inflation.

"Step 1: Determine your salary. That’s right, you get to decide what is the salary you need your business to pay you, before taxes. Let’s work with $40,000. This is the “100% figure that corresponds to Peleg Top’s Money Management System. Add 30% on top of that to cover your income tax. 30% of $40,000 is $12,000. Therefore, you need to pull $52,000 per year from your business.

Step 2: Figure your labor hourly rate. That is how much money you make for every hour that you work, or more accurately, for every hour that you bill a client. To do that, determine how many hours you’ll be working for clients in a year. 1142 hours is an industry standard used for figuring hourly rates, and it’s based on a 40-hour work week. (If you’re working part time, figure it based on the number of hours you actually work per week.) Based a standard 40-hour work week, there are 2080 working hours in a year (52 weeks x 40 hours/week). In reality, however, people get sick and take days off. The standard number used for days off is 176 hours (that’s 22 8-hour days). So, 2080–76 = 1904 working hours in the year. That doesn’t mean you’re billing all 1904 hours. If your business is healthy and thriving, you’ll spend approximately 40% of your time on administrative duties, managing, invoicing, filing, marketing, travel, etc. So that means 60% of your time is billable. 60% of 1904 is 1142. To calculate your hourly rate, take the total salary you need ($52,000) and divide it by 1142 hours. That brings your labor hourly rate to $45.53. If you work and bill 1142 hours at this rate, you’ll make the after-tax income of $40,000 you want."
That (and the high difficulty of actually making a mix) explains why they are so expensive. Wow.

Hi Mikey,

You can take a look at Legitmix.com/cheer to see how lots of professional cheer producers price their cheers. Checkout the services tab on the producer's page to see how custom mixes are priced. If you're feeling up for it you can even sell your work through Legitmix. Just use the "submit my remix" option in the menu. Drop me a msg if you've got any questions.

Cheers,
Mondo

does anyone know?
Being in the business for 15 years now, many factors take place. Some mixers charge $200 for a 2:30 mix all the way up to $1500 for the same time length. Every producer has their own style. And what a lot of people do not understand is that mixing music takes time. If you plan to do this professionally, here are a few factors to put into place:
1. Look at the budget medium of your customers
2. Are you looking at producing quality? Or quantity?
3. How much time do you invest into an average mix?

Take a look around online on pricing, and think of the time, heart and energy that you put into each mix.
My 2 cents :)

Hi Mikey,

You can take a look at Legitmix.com/cheer to see how lots of professional cheer producers price their cheers. Checkout the services tab on the producer's page to see how custom mixes are priced. If you're feeling up for it you can even sell your work through Legitmix. Just use the "submit my remix" option in the menu. Drop me a msg if you've got any questions.

Cheers,
Mondo
I do sell my mixes on LegitMix and recently have been doing what you, looking around at others prices. Thanks!

Back