All-Star How Do You Start Judging Cheer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 2, 2011
I would love to judge competitions in the upcoming season, but I don't know where to begin. I went to the website for Jamfest and it just gave me the e-mail for their judging coordinator but not much else.
I couldn't even find a place to apply on Varsity's website, let alone information about the process.
And all the random little competitions I looked up just had an application.

Is there a certification process? I know the rules really well, I just need to know what steps to take!
Thank you!

I judge lots of competitions...that's easy. (Edited to add that I meant on twitter and Fierce Board. My actual judging days are behind me.)

If you want to get paid, that's harder.

The Fierce Board: If you're gonna be talked about, shouldn't you at least be here to defend yourself?

Last edited:
I would love to judge competitions in the upcoming season, but I don't know where to begin. I went to the website for Jamfest and it just gave me the e-mail for their judging coordinator but not much else.
I couldn't even find a place to apply on Varsity's website, let alone information about the process.
And all the random little competitions I looked up just had an application.

Is there a certification process? I know the rules really well, I just need to know what steps to take!
Thank you!
If you send Jeremi or Joey and email they will give you a call over the summer, take an online test, then talk with you. Then possibly get you into coaching. To be a USASF Safety rep you have to attend a class one of the Regional USASF conferences and take Les' class. You will learn so much from that.

If you send Jeremi or Joey and email they will give you a call over the summer, take an online test, then talk with you. Then possibly get you into coaching. To be a USASF Safety rep you have to attend a class one of the Regional USASF conferences and take Les' class. You will learn so much from that.

May I have Jeremi's or Joey's email address so that I can email them?

Joseph Moore
Cheer coach/future personal trainer

Back