High School How Do You Welcome The Other Cheerleaders?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 11, 2014
I know it's pretty popular here especially during football games for cheerleaders of the home team to greet the other teams cheerleaders. A lot of times the home team girls will give them popcorn, cookies, etc. Does your school/squad have any game day traditions when it comes to meeting the other squad? Just looking for something more creative to do this year with the girls. Thanks!

I know it's pretty popular here especially during football games for cheerleaders of the home team to greet the other teams cheerleaders. A lot of times the home team girls will give them popcorn, cookies, etc. Does your school/squad have any game day traditions when it comes to meeting the other squad? Just looking for something more creative to do this year with the girls. Thanks!
At my school, for home games our varsity captains went over to the visitors side during half time and passed candy out to the other team. At some away games, the home team did the same for us. One team even brought us all cake pops and individual goodie bags!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

When I was in high school, for our home games we would make goodie bags to give to the other cheerleaders and our whole team would go over and greet them at half time. But now that I think about it, I don't remember another team ever doing that for us at away games lol.

We go to the otherside at home games and welcome them, show them where the bathrooms, snack bar, and sound booth are.

When I was in high school, for our home games we would make goodie bags to give to the other cheerleaders and our whole team would go over and greet them at half time. But now that I think about it, I don't remember another team ever doing that for us at away games lol.

Really like the goody bag idea..I feel like it'll leave a great impression on the other team.

Last year, I started having my girls greet the other cheerleaders a bit differently. I required 2 of them to be there for when their bus arrived to show the girls where everything was. The senior girls go and talk to the other team before JV to ask about timeouts and let them know if we have any special things planned (i.e. dances/performances). The whole team will go over between the games, do their hello cheer, talk about timeouts for the Varsity game, and present the team with a goody bag. We just did one big goody bag with some candy and such in it for the team.

We aren't the only ones who do such as there are two other teams that give us goody bags when we go to their schools and one school feeds our entire team (basketball players, cheerleaders, and coaches) with sandwiches, chips, candy, and soda. It's a very kind gesture and I feel it promotes leaving everything on the floor and being good sports which carries over to those witnessing the act and such.

It isn't popular in our area. Many schools around here also don't let the cheerleaders ride the bus for football season. Our old school never did anything. The best was the school that brought over a bottle of water for each cheerleader.

During basketball, one school actually had a cheer practice room and they always invited the opposing teams cheerleaders to join them in there for snacks. It may have been for at halftime or between the games. The girls were just so impressed they had their own practice space and mats.

Maybe it is the mom in me, but I can't be supportive of giving candy, chips, or sodas to a group of athletes. Plus, I don't like my cps to eat or to drink anything other than water while in uniform.

Back