All-Star How Is Everyone's Teams Looking??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Were basically running full out every practice, and when we don't do something, it's usually the pyramid. Certain stunt groups are having problems but I think we are almost there. I think what we mainly need to work on is cleaning.

The tumbling section will be better then like all mini teams since just about every person gets to tumble in it and most have BWO. Because of that some of the 25 girls aren't as fast so it just needs some minor tweaking since since everyone doesn't back walkover the same speed. We just have to make sure they are out of the way. Lol

I had to laugh at this, because my kid is the one with the slow BWO, LOL. She is second to last pass too, so there have been a few close calls in practices now running the routine full out where she's almost been run over by the last pass girl, who's a very quick tumbler.

Showcase was last weekend though at UA. Other than a few minor issues with each team, everyone looks really good going into the first competition. Across the board it seemed to be mostly pyramid issues with the majority of the teams, which can easily be cleaned up in the last couple of weeks. Most impressive for me though, the dances, Mini - Senior, are all really hot this year!

My team have only started learning our routine the last 3 weeks, we went from a 25 member co-ed team to a 12 member all-girl team for this season. So far we are looking good and it's the hardest and best routine we've ever had. I can't wait to finish it, go full out and compete it :) Good luck everyone for the 2011/12 season.

I had to laugh at this, because my kid is the one with the slow BWO, LOL. She is second to last pass too, so there have been a few close calls in practices now running the routine full out where she's almost been run over by the last pass girl, who's a very quick tumbler.

Showcase was last weekend though at UA. Other than a few minor issues with each team, everyone looks really good going into the first competition. Across the board it seemed to be mostly pyramid issues with the majority of the teams, which can easily be cleaned up in the last couple of weeks. Most impressive for me though, the dances, Mini - Senior, are all really hot this year!

We have like 5 girls running across in the beginning. Then we have like 4 sets of multiples of like 3s coming out of the diagonals... But at the same time there is someone coming thru the same diagonal from the opposite direction. Thats the problem.. Lol they don't clear it fast enough.. My cp is 1 of 2 passes that is an individual tumbler.. She is 2nd to last pass as well. But she is the last individual tumbler and she only finished like 2 seconds before the next girl.. It's so crazy with all those kids and we sit there like eww, ohh, ahhh. Shh were good!! Lol that's what comes out of our mouth as they go!! So funny but so cute seeing all those front walkovers and back walkovers lol:)

I wish we could have a showcase but umm were not there quite yet lol.. I can't wait to see all the UA routines though because they always look good!

Aren't UA dances hot every year?!

Aren't UA dances hot every year?!
True... LOL.

I guess my comment was more geared towards seeing Mini routines, where the dance tends to be a little watered down. This year, not at all. My CP's Mini 1 team dance is one of my favorites! It's super-fast and challenging for them, but they have stepped up and make it work!

So this weekend was the first weekend that my team got to actually have a full full out (if that makes sense). I was super stressed and worried about it (because im out of shape) but it actually went extremely well. We should be getting our music this week. I cant wait for november 20, Nfinity is definitely "coming strong!"

My senior team just lost a girl (non payment of her bill) so we had to rework everything today. We still don't have our music and no dance. Our showcase is next Saturday and we will only have one practice before that. With 13 girls on the team, it was quite stressful but the 12 remaining girls did the best they could with the major changes.
The rest of our teams look great, we just really need our music. We compete in 3 weeks. Doing my best to stay positive! This is the part of coaching that makes me wish I was actually a rocket scientist instead--seems like it'd be easier!

My senior team just lost a girl (non payment of her bill) so we had to rework everything today. We still don't have our music and no dance. Our showcase is next Saturday and we will only have one practice before that. With 13 girls on the team, it was quite stressful but the 12 remaining girls did the best they could with the major changes.
The rest of our teams look great, we just really need our music. We compete in 3 weeks. Doing my best to stay positive! This is the part of coaching that makes me wish I was actually a rocket scientist instead--seems like it'd be easier!

I'm so sorry to hear that, I'm sure y'all will still pull it together!

The gym we go to is in a huge military town and id say well over half of our gym is military families! So on like Tuesday of last week one of the moms came in who might I add has 2 girls on our youth2 team which only has 15 ppl on it. And 1 girl on our mini team of 25. She stated she got last minute orders she is deploying this weekend and won't be able to get her daughters to the gym anymore. I was so sad when she told me and we have a competition on Nov12, we aren't even ready and don't have time to move people around. Luckily several parents are taking over the duties of getting them to and from practice and competition and all that good stuff. If we didn't have parents able to do this we would be in a world of trouble right now so I can only imagine rearranging in a short period of time especially when that is already a small team!! Good luck I know y'all will still be so fierce!!

Kris10boo said:
I'm so sorry to hear that, I'm sure y'all will still pull it together!

The gym we go to is in a huge military town and id say well over half of our gym is military families! So on like Tuesday of last week one of the moms came in who might I add has 2 girls on our youth2 team which only has 15 ppl on it. And 1 girl on our mini team of 25. She stated she got last minute orders she is deploying this weekend and won't be able to get her daughters to the gym anymore. I was so sad when she told me and we have a competition on Nov12, we aren't even ready and don't have time to move people around. Luckily several parents are taking over the duties of getting them to and from practice and competition and all that good stuff. If we didn't have parents able to do this we would be in a world of trouble right now so I can only imagine rearranging in a short period of time especially when that is already a small team!! Good luck I know y'all will still be so fierce!!

Thank you Kris10! It is a tough break, but one I saw coming, so I was as prepared as possible. Isn't it amazing how everyone can pull together when it's really important? We had several parents pitch in to sponsor the young lady and our gym gave her a 60% discount on tuition based on financial need, but it just wasn't enough. I hate it because she's one of the hardest working bases and has a very positive attitude and learns everything so fast. I don't know what's harder on me, rearranging and trying to teach a younger team member how to base her stunts or losing her enthusiasm and encouragement from our team.
I just have to remind them (and myself) that the Lord gives us obstacles for a reason. To quote Miley Cyrus, "It's the climb" ; )

So this weekend was the first weekend that my team got to actually have a full full out (if that makes sense). I was super stressed and worried about it (because im out of shape) but it actually went extremely well. We should be getting our music this week. I cant wait for november 20, Nfinity is definitely "coming strong!"
Infinity is always the bomb. Besides have you ever seen a cheerforce routine look bad. I have been watching you guys practice as my CP is practicing in gym2 at the same time. You guys are and will be amazing. No worries. BTW, Did you see the dance for level 5 all girl? I was very impressed with our black widows

Infinity is always the bomb. Besides have you ever seen a cheerforce routine look bad. I have been watching you guys practice as my CP is practicing in gym2 at the same time. You guys are and will be amazing. No worries. BTW, Did you see the dance for level 5 all girl? I was very impressed with our black widows

Awe thank you, the hard work is definitely
paying off. No I havent =/ I havent seen them do full outs yet.

Latest posts

Back