All-Star How Many Classes/privates Do You Take?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I usually have cheer practice 1-2 times a week, tumbling 2, stretch and flex 1, and if I do I have a private 1 time a week. And that does not include when I practice at my house!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Such reasonable people you are!

I've talked to parents/kids who have had such rigorous private schedules that it made me wonder when they are actually IN SCHOOL/EATING/SLEEPING.

"Can you try to squeeze her in for a private somewhere in there? Oh we have privates Monday-Thursday from 3-5 at Gym A for stunting and 6-8 at Gym B for flying. Then she has a stretch class Thursday nights from 8-9 and a jump class from 9:15-10 PM on Fridays."

WHAT. That is more intense than my work schedule at my day job. I can't.

Thankfully, my CP makes all A's and not even privates stop her from eating or sleeping lol. Plus we don't go anywhere until school work is done. The last two weeks were torture! The first week was spring break so it seems like she lived in the gym. Last week was tryouts which had 2 days of tryout material and then 3 days of privates. Not getting home until after 9:30 every night was exhausting. It definitely paid off because she made the team she wanted but I'm glad its over. We're back to a class a week and regular practice 2 days a week.

We could easily find the time for 3 privates A week, but no way I could financially afford it! My girls use to do 3 tumble classes a week, but now we are at a gym far away so they only tumble once a week right before team practice. I am hoping to put them in more classes over the summer.

I'm curious as to how much your gym charges for privates, does it differ by coach? At my gym each coach has a different rate and the most expensive is 30$ for 30 minutes and 50$ for an hour.

i remember the days of handing the coach a $10 bill for a private. or split it with a friend for $5 each. jeeze louise. granted, it was a small gym with average coaches... but these prices are crazy!

I've never charged less than $30- 35 per half hour. Last season, I charged $35. If I get back into privates this season, it will likely be the same!

CP is 10 and in level 1. She practices x 2/week and takes a 1 hour semi-private tumbling session with one other girl. I'd be open to her doing more, I think, but she does a lot of dance and seems to have plenty of homework to boot. So I don't want to wear her out.

How do stunting privates work for everyone? Does the whole group sign up what if just a flyer wants a private? Our gym doesn't offer any stunting classes or privates don't think they've come up with a good system.

I'm curious as to how much your gym charges for privates, does it differ by coach? At my gym each coach has a different rate and the most expensive is 30$ for 30 minutes and 50$ for an hour.
$30 for half hour 1:1 private.
I know there are kids who do a small group (2-3) but not sure what rate is.

Back