How Many Times You Try 1 Pyramid?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

it depends on you and your teammates individually...you may become confident in the pyramid before others it just depends on the person and if its hitting soildly!

Are their people that even count something like that?
I do. If my kids aren't getting it... like not even close, by the fourth time it is tried, I will usually alter part of it to make it more solid. Whether that means making it a less difficult version of the first attempt or trying something completely different depends on just how bad those first four attempts are, haha. More than four times without any success usually leads to discouraged kids. Often I'll "dumb it down" for one practice then re-work the trouble transitions, and they'll get the initial (difficult) version at the next practice, first try.

I do. If my kids aren't getting it... like not even close, by the fourth time it is tried, I will usually alter part of it to make it more solid. Whether that means making it a less difficult version of the first attempt or trying something completely different depends on just how bad those first four attempts are, haha. More than four times without any success usually leads to discouraged kids. Often I'll "dumb it down" for one practice then re-work the trouble transitions, and they'll get the initial (difficult) version at the next practice, first try.
But that is still all in seeing if it works. Maybe semantics here but I can't imagine anyone setting a number of times to practice one part before they feel confident in it. All sections should be continually worked over and over not just a set number then move on.

Maybe I'm just reading the question differently bit you point of a certain number before dumbing down is a valid point.

I'll make changes pretty quick if something isn't working. But i try to incorporate a lot of stuff that the kids are doing in partner stunts already, so it's not a completely new skill. But if they're not hitting it the week or 2 before competition, it gets watered down fast. I don't count things though, but let's say they need to be hitting 9/10 times or more to keep it in the routine

Back