All-Star How Small/big Is Your Gym?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

our gym's kind of small, although this year there is a lot more teams: mini 1, youth 1, junior 2, junior 4, senior coed 3, senior coed 5 and we also have satellites(half year)

My gym is pretty small with only about 60-70 athletes. We only have 3 teams. Youth 1, Youth 5, and Senior 5, but most gyms in the UK are even smaller tbh.

we have 8 cheer teams: mini 1, youth 2, junior 2, junior 3, senior 2, senior 4.2, senior coed 4, senior coed 5
we have 5 dance teams: youth hip hop, junior hip hop, senior hip hop, junior jazz, and senior jazz
idk rly know what sizes they are this yr yet and i think we have a few crossovers but not may.
i think my gym is like in the small middle gym size

:( I live in Western New York .. and not Buffalo! Last year our open team had about 16-18 members and then a few girls on the mini team!! We practice at the local Y, its a bummer!

We have around 125 would be my guess.. So were small!
We have a
tiny 1
Mini 1
Youth 2
Jr3
Sr 4.2
Sr 4 ?
Sr open

I'm just curious as to how many athletes/teams most programs have. How many teams and what size teams do you have? Also, do you use crossovers to create larger teams? What, in your opinion, is a "big gym"?
I personally go to probably the tiniest of tiny gyms. We have less than 50 athletes, and 2 teams. A large senior 3, and a small youth 1, both all-girl. Only 2 crossovers from youth to senior.
Ha ha! You're not the tiniest by far! My Cp's last team (she cheered there for 3 years and only switched this spring) had 30 kids and 2 teams- youth 1 and junior 2/3. (i believe we had 3 cross overs most of the season and added a 4th toward the end) But they were FIERCE! Among their many many accomplishments were spiritfest, wsf, athletic championships and many many more national titles. In '09-10 their 12 girl youth team won nearly every comp they entered!
Actually, this past May, both teams won their divisions and were high point champs at Hershey Park. Ok, I know that all of these comps are 'regional' and nothing like Cheersport Atlanta but let's give credit where credit is due. . .
It's not the size of the team but the size of the teams heart that matters :)

P.S. It's so funny to me that many people who respond here have more teams than my cp had teammates!

i coach at a local gym, and we have about 30-35 athletes.. 2 teams, and a few crossovers! super small

My gym has 7 teams and i want to say we have around 115-125 kids. Somewhere around there. We also have a half year team that's for little babies. like 3 year olds. They "compete" maybe twice. We have maybe 5 crossovers just for kids to fly on one team and base on the other.

my gyms about 200 cheerleaders or more we have 13 teams pluse 4 dance teams!
but we also coach high schools and middle schools so that brings in about 150 more cheerleaders!:))
we grew a lot this season!

Back