All-Star How Small Is Too Small?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

our Jr 1 from 2010 had 13 kids and was undefeated and the US Finals overall Champions.

5 is the actual minimum you can have and be considered a team.

You can get away with smaller numbers in level 1 than you can in higher levels, because there is such a variety of stunt configurations you can effectively use at level 1. Especially at jr 1 where you typically can have huge size differences between team mates. With that being said I wouldn't do anything smaller than 10.

our Jr 1 from 2010 had 13 kids and was undefeated and the US Finals overall Champions.

5 is the actual minimum you can have and be considered a team.

You can get away with smaller numbers in level 1 than you can in higher levels, because there is such a variety of stunt configurations you can effectively use at level 1. Especially at jr 1 where you typically can have huge size differences between team mates. With that being said I wouldn't do anything smaller than 10.

We DEFINITELY have big size differences between team mates... Thanks a lot for your insight. I feel a lot more settled about this now!:)

I was once on a team of 6. THAT is too small.
Although it'd be nice to max out I think 15 is a decent number. Maybe by the end of the summer you can get to 20 if you recruit a lot.

You should be fine. Cobra allstars had a mini team that had 10/11 girls on it and they won CHEERSPORT!! It's definitely possible to do well with a small extremely clean team. :)

My daughter's youth team only had 13 girls on it a few years back. She won 3 National titles with that teams often beating teams that had double the girls! That year continues to be her favorite year too because of the close bond she had with the girls on that team:) So it can be done!!

Back