All-Star How The Summit Bid Works In Sticky Situations

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 24, 2013
I know if you receive a summit bid at large or paid you go to the summit. What if you get second or third at a competition that gives them away. Can you still get one? Or what if a team already has a summit bid and receives another one? What will happen?! Thanks

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Typically you need to win your division to get a bid. If that team already has one, they won't get another one, it could possibly go to a second place team or it could go to the winner of a different division.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Spirit Cheer- Beast of the East in Atlantic City is one of the few north- mid East Coast events.

Beast of the East in January (Atlantic City) 1/18-1/19, American Masters Baltimore Feb 1-2, and All Star Challenge in April are a few.

Some of the EP have a bid declaration for their Summit bids similar to what they have for their Worlds bids. From most bid declarations that I have seen, the bids are passed out within a level based on percentage of perfection. Therefore, you could still get a summit bid if you do not win but had one of the highest percentages of perfection for your level. (Of course, this only applies to maybe half of the summit bd competitions that actually have more than one bid to hand out per level.)

I would like to know why some divisions at Summit last year had 6 teams while another had 28, that is a huge difference.

I would like to know why some divisions at Summit last year had 6 teams while another had 28, that is a huge difference.
Some divisions are a lot more popular than others. And usually the way bids are given out is based on percent of perfection at competitions and the bid goes to the teams that score the highest. They don't guarantee a bid to a certain division just because that division is smaller, its who has the highest score (usually, some EP's may do it differently but that's what it tends to be).

I don't remember our level of perfection at the American Open where we received the bid but in our division at the summit Y3 for overall finals it was 95.34 and 2nd was 95.7 and 1st was 96.8...not sure if that helps lol...but we had zero deductions when we got the bid both days and zero both days at the Summit so I am guessing the levels were similar....

I don't remember our level of perfection at the American Open where we received the bid but in our division at the summit Y3 for overall finals it was 95.34 and 2nd was 95.7 and 1st was 96.8...not sure if that helps lol...but we had zero deductions when we got the bid both days and zero both days at the Summit so I am guessing the levels were similar....
yes - thanks.

Back