All-Star How Would You Feel About This?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Are you asking how we would feel if we had a child in the gym and this was brought to light or just in general. I am glad the gym released him of his duties when it was brought to their attention, yet I would think that it is pretty intense in that gym right now even if he is not there. I feel bad for the kids and everyone involved, hopefully he is brought to justice if found guilty and the gym can move forward.

If true, then this is incredibly upsetting considering the amount of trust we all (parents and kids) put in these coaches but also emphasizes why we as parents need to take precautions, i.e. no unsupervised one-on-one time between kids with gym owners and coaches, to help protect our kids.

The impact that this will have on this gym, its athletes, and their families cannot be underestimated. I hope that they can address this with everyone and move forward in a positive way. Such a terrible thing to have happen! I'm glad this girl was so courageous and finally reported him, and even more glad that the gym got rid of this creep.

News article says "The teen eventually told the owners about her relationship with Venditto in June, and he was fired."

Did the owners report the incident to the police or did they leave it at firing him?

You hear about stories like this constantly and all the time, but when it hits the 'cheer world', it becomes much more personal. I feel so sorry not only for those affected but for the other athletes and coaches at the gym that were forced to deal with all of this.

Back