High School Hs Drives Me Insane!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

syd

Jan 25, 2011
Almost none of the cheerleaders at my high school basically showed up to tryouts their freshman year and decided they thought they would look good in a uniform. They dont even care! Its so different when coming from allstars to highschool and i just want to make them care. i did fall and winter last year, but this year i chose not to do winter so i could focus more on allstars, then when asked to fill in for a comp. they all look down on me or dont talk to me. its ridiculous! How do i make them care more, i want to do good but they dont seem to want it.

i did the same thing. last year i did fall and winter and this year i just did fall because i felt like one i wanted to focus more on allstar.
That is ridiculous why would they do that if ur just trying to help? maybe u should try talking to the coach to see if she could modivate them more

it's really difficult to change the morale of the team unless the coach helps facilitate it. Have you talked to the coach about the lack of committment?

i have and she always trys to make them want to be better, im really close with her! They just dont care, and i guess i cant change it but i want to be the best especially when i'm a senior

It's always rough when the team atmosphere isn't focused. The problem is that unless you've done all star or come from a very competitive pop warner/school background, girls just don't understand the work that goes into everything. Sounds like they need a good butt kicking.... If your coach is willing to stand strong and enforce this, start up a hard core conditioning routine(running a mile, mountain climbers, V ups, you name it) for all of your practices and a set list to do at every practice such as : 5 of every jump(done well together or it doesnt count) plus double/triple toe, ___ many (certain type of stunt) done clean and on time, etc.......... The goal of the first practice of this is jello legs by the end of working out! Its going to suck at first, but if its hard core training, the wussie ones will complain like no other and some may even say they're going to quit or will quit, but the training will get easier over time and it will weed out the slackers/ones who dont want to be there. Plus y'all will be in great shape and your jumps will improve dramatically!

We started this after tryouts my senior year because we had some slackers the past year and it turned out to be the best team in my 4 years of high school (Attitude and skill wise)! I was so exhausted after the first time we went into "training" mode and after practice went home and fell asleep at like 5pm haha. My coach always said "You guys complain about wanting others to see cheer as a sport, so lets treat it like a sport."

Almost none of the cheerleaders at my high school basically showed up to tryouts their freshman year and decided they thought they would look good in a uniform. They dont even care! Its so different when coming from allstars to highschool and i just want to make them care. i did fall and winter last year, but this year i chose not to do winter so i could focus more on allstars, then when asked to fill in for a comp. they all look down on me or dont talk to me. its ridiculous! How do i make them care more, i want to do good but they dont seem to want it.
OMG. i know EXACTLY what your talking about. i have done all star all my life, and my mom wanted me to do high school cheerleading and all star since i started high school this year. all the girls treat me like im not as good as them, like i dont have expierence, when im on a national competeing team for all star! its so dumb. and i hate how freshmen always get blamed too! the level of respect going from all star to high school goes down so much. im so glad i do all star still though, can't imagine cheerleading without it!

Ugh, high school cheer frustrated me so badly. I did varsity cheer my freshman and sophomore year and after that I couldn't take it any longer. All the drama, excuses, laziness, and lack of talent really drove me crazy. All they wanted to do was sit around and talk and never get anything done. & your right it's especially hard coming from allstars and knowing what thats like, and doing high school cheer.

i am an all star cheerleader, and do high school cheer so itll look good on college applications, plus my mom demands SOME school involvement. my highschool doesnt stunt, or tumble. i am the only one who know what im doing AT ALL. i hate high school cheer.... absolutely hate it. I think its the dumbest thing in the world. (at least at my school).

on the bright side, im OBSESSED with all star. all star cheerleading is my lyfeeee

Back