All-Star Huge Changes In Arizona

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

OneIntenseMama

Cheer Parent
Jan 2, 2011
This last week it was announced that Desert Storm Elite and Xtreme have merged. Not to sure of all the details yet but It looks like this year is going to be amazing, lots of changes going on everywhere.
The International All Girl has some crazy talent so does the Coed.

THAT'S AWESOME!!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing all the new changes. Both programs were strong alone, they will be even better together.:) What are they going to call themselves?? Desert Storm Xtreme? Xtreme Storm Elite? Desert Xtreme Elite?? What about colors??? Good luck to you all.:D

THAT'S AWESOME!!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing all the new changes. Both programs were strong alone, they will be even better together.:) What are they going to call themselves?? Desert Storm Xtreme? Xtreme Storm Elite? Desert Xtreme Elite?? What about colors??? Good luck to you all.:D

Perhaps California Allstars?? ;) Just kidding (I couldn't resist)!

Let me see if this is right...Xtreme started off as their own gym under the name Xtreme. Xtreme merged with Az Power Elite some years ago to form Power Xtreme. Now Power Elite ( kelly cowley's gym) has branched off again and seperated from Xtreme. Xtreme has now merged with DSE to form their new gym. It will be interesting to see how this will impact DSE. As far as I know Power just moved out of the xtreme gym and about 10 min down the street...who will stay, who will go...Oh let the team/gym switching drama begin.

On a side note: I love both these teams and wish them both lots of luck in their seasons. It is nice to see Arizona gyms getting stepping up into the league.

I don't think Xtreme really "merged" with Power, they have always been their own stand alone gymnastics facility. I believe it was more of a "we want a cheer program but are not sure how to start one" and then Kelly "I have a cheer program but need a gym" type of agreement.
Glad to see DSE getting larger and Xtreme continuing their program!

So since xtreme doesnt have a cheer program is it just the gymastics part thats merging?

So since xtreme doesnt have a cheer program is it just the gymastics part thats merging?
Xtreme still had a Cheer Program with 3 of the most amazing coaches. As for what this is going to look like I'm not to sure. I believe the Cheer part is taking on the DSE name and colors. I heard that they are looking for a facility that will house both DSE and Xtreme.

Let me see if this is right...Xtreme started off as their own gym under the name Xtreme. Xtreme merged with Az Power Elite some years ago to form Power Xtreme. Now Power Elite ( kelly cowley's gym) has branched off again and seperated from Xtreme. Xtreme has now merged with DSE to form their new gym. It will be interesting to see how this will impact DSE. As far as I know Power just moved out of the xtreme gym and about 10 min down the street...who will stay, who will go...Oh let the team/gym switching drama begin.

On a side note: I love both these teams and wish them both lots of luck in their seasons. It is nice to see Arizona gyms getting stepping up into the league.

Xtreme has always been Xtreme adding the power name was in no way a merger, Kelly worked for Xtreme and has decided to Re-start her old gym. It has in no way impacted DSE in a negative way. The merger between DSE and Xtreme came at the perfect time and will make both even stronger. I'm personally so excited for this.
The Power Gym is about 20 minutes south of Xtreme and it wasn't that Power moved out of Xtreme's gym Xtreme had a cheer program before Kelly went to work with them bringing Her Envy team with her.
As for the Drama we're all pretty much over it. The news was "leaked" about a month before worlds and made for a not so pleasant experience at worlds for many of the kids.

I'm just so looking forward to my CP's future she's getting the best of both worlds.

Cheer drama...in Arizona...NO WAY! I'm kidding...it always seems to get "personal" in AZ when it comes to mergers or kids just moving to other gyms. Right before we left to come to Texas there was a huge drama going on that eventually blew over.
All I care about is that the kids that have a ton of potential get the training they deserve. I can name at least 2 kids of the top of my head that deserve an opportunity like SOT or CA and would thrive in that environment. Hopefully, this will help to strengthen the programs in Arizona and they can start to catch up to California and Texas.

Cheer drama...in Arizona...NO WAY! I'm kidding...it always seems to get "personal" in AZ when it comes to mergers or kids just moving to other gyms. Right before we left to come to Texas there was a huge drama going on that eventually blew over.
All I care about is that the kids that have a ton of potential get the training they deserve. I can name at least 2 kids of the top of my head that deserve an opportunity like SOT or CA and would thrive in that environment. Hopefully, this will help to strengthen the programs in Arizona and they can start to catch up to California and Texas.
I could not agree with you more. I'm so tired of things getting personal. I was trying to figure out how to get my daughter to CA she was the only one on the coed team with a standing full and was the only double till worlds and has transitions through to double which I have to say a big thx to Reese, Ryan, Sinnell, who came to Xtreme from ICE and Luke Johnson. I don't understand why things get so personal here. As my wonderful daughter said "There shouldn't be so much drama in Cheerleading it's just cheerleading and I just want to be able to do my sport without the drama" I'm no longer trying to get my hubby to move to Cali though we still love CA and always will.

Back