All-Star Huge Thank You To The F5 Girls!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 18, 2010
So I probablly should have posted this a long time ago, but the memory of this was just rekindled by glitterdiva who was sitting right behind us at Worlds 2012.

My handicapped littler sister who is 17 years old (she has many problems but doesn't look 17 and only has the brain of about a 3 or 4 year old) has grown up around cheerleading her whole life but attended Worlds for the first time this year. After watching video of f5 she loved them. All morning while getting ready for finals on Sunday, we asked her, "Who are you cheering for?" and every single time she held up the 5 and said with excitement, "f5!!" So before the competition started, one of the girls came over by us and we asked if she would take a picture with my sister Allyson. As they got ready for the picture, we asked her again, "Who are you cheering for?" and with a huge smile said, "f5!!!" and of course held up that 5! The sweet girl from f5 loved it and said she wanted to get more of her team to come over.

So to the girls at f5 thank you so much for making her so happy that day. She still talks about it and not only she, but myself and my mom cyclones13 will continue to be true fans of f5 and that day will live in all of our hearts forever!

The picture below is Allyson so excited to being taking a picture with her favorite team! We thank you all from the very bottom of our hearts!
480982_10151940743355541_1339634533_n.jpg

@TheMuchkin44 - God bless your Sister Allyson!! This is a great story and I had been meaning to post this since we returned from Worlds. Not meaning to take away from the original post - but this is all about giving a thank you to the F5 girls. I really think they deserve some extra love, so here goes!!

I was completely in love with the F5 girls from the first time I saw their route on youtube. This year I got to see them at Jamfest in Indy and at Return to Atlantis in Baltimore. By the time we got to Worlds, we knew their entire song, which is one of the first songs on our cheer cd that on a continuous loop in the car!!

So we get to Worlds and are in the Josten Center watching the prelims on Friday and this COMPLETELY gorgeous young lady sits in the empty seat next to my CP. I look over at her shirt and I see F5. Okay, 50 year old lady starts hyperventilating! I nudge my CP and whispered, 'She is F5'. So CP looks over at her and the young lady says Hi!! She introduces herself as Jessica Pitts. She starts talking to and asked what gym she was from and when we told her, she said - Oh, I love them!! Of course I chime in on how much we love them and that I didn't know they changed the dance song in the routine for Worlds and we're laughing and she said, that yes she liked the old song too, but that they were gonna werk that dance the next day. She took a pic with my CP and we chatted for a bit longer and we had to go so we told her would be screaming for her the next day.

Fast forward to Saturday, we are taking pictures by the globe trophy and in walk the Queens, the Divas of F5! CP bought a Perry Platypus at Disney and we say people taking pictures with them and they were signing books, etc. She says, can we go down there? I was actually already on my way! They had a lovely team mom and she asked if we wanted to take pics and we said yes! One of the girls (DJ) asked if she could sign the Perry! We didn't have a pen and I thought perhaps I would faint. The team mom (wish I could remember her name - looks through her purse and finds a sharpie - Hallelujah!) DJ took the Perry, started signing it and then all the girls said, I want it sign it, can I sign it too? She took pictures with a bunch of the girls and they asked us to sit down with them. Then we said, where is Jessica - and Jessica was sitting in front of us. She turned around and gave us both a hug and asked my daughter if she would friend her on Facebook. Then she reached in her bag and gave my daughter one of her tank tops. My kid, who basically cries for NOTHING said, mommy I'm gonna cry! I, who am an emotional wreck, said I'm gonna cry too. The team mom said that we should look for them after they perform so that my daughter could take a picture with the entire team. We sat with them for a few more minutes and waited for them to finish signing the Perry and then we left. So we completely screamed for them Saturday and Sunday and of course yelled: GO JESSSSSS!!! On Sunday my daughter wore that tank top and we screamed for them even louder.

When they placed second, I was hurt, but I was also proud of Senior Elite because they were amazing performances and I couldn't begin to say which one was better - they were both spectacular!! We met DJ again and we gave her a huge hug!! She remembered us from the day before and she was in tears from all the emotion and me and one of the other moms talked to her and told her how wonderful they are. At that moment I was reminded that they are just babies, high school kids and what tremendous pressure they were under.

I'm gonna tell you, those young ladies are absolute dolls. I saw many, many teams at Worlds, but there was something special about how they interacted with the kids. Not saying that the other teams don't. We got great pictures with kids from the U.S. teams and the international teams. But I just think they gave something extra special. In Indy and in Baltimore I also noticed that when they walk around, they smile and acknowledge everyone who they know is freaking out because they are F5. I think that is so adorable. It says something to the character of these young ladies, their parents and their coaches to understand that they have fans and that taking just a few moments out of there day can make a tremendous impact on another kid's life. You heard reactions of the crowd from all the teams but I just think the Divas of F5 were the belles of the ball. I know my CP will never forget our Worlds 2012 experience with them - and neither will I.

I just want to say that this is what WORLDS is all about!!! This is why we have our CP's in competitive cheer; this is what the world needs to see, what our CP's live and learn from these experiences, and so they can learn these life lessons. This is why we do what we do for them because we see this as the end result of all of the hard work!!

These long posts are so nice. I do know first hand as the mom of an f5 athlete on that 2012 team that the girls are so excited and honored that people want to get pictures and autographs - they are more grateful to the fans than anyone may realize! My daughter had a unique experience doing something she loved so successfully with a team she considered family and got the amazing experience of a taste of celebrity fame! That experience will stay with her always. What a great way to build self esteem. Everyone should have that 15 minutes of fame. I am grateful to all of the fans last year that gave my daughter and her amazing team F5 that experience.

Back