All-Star I Am Fed Up With Varsity Tv Videos And Their Slow Loading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am going to add that the idea of the service Varsity TV provides is awesome. Cheerleading routines from competitions organized by level AS WELL as commentary, different segments, interviews... all that is great and could be huge. It is not their idea that is bad. It is not their segments (which is well shot and put together and I am sure little cheerleaders love). It is the execution. And I just feel it will keep being done the way it is done, because, well, that is the way its always been done. Shame because it really isn't all that hard.

I love how when the video stops on VatsityTV a little message comes up that says "Problem downloading the video. Please check your internet connection." I always think there is nothing wrong with my internet connection because I'm on facebook, youtube, and fierceboards while waiting on this one little video to download.

I love how when the video stops on VatsityTV a little message comes up that says "Problem downloading the video. Please check your internet connection." I always think there is nothing wrong with my internet connection because I'm on facebook, youtube, and fierceboards while waiting on this one little video to download.

The Fierce Board is probably responsible for any and all slow loading on Varsity TV. We all head there

The Fierce Board is probably responsible for any and all slow loading on Varsity TV. We all head there
I've been getting that message for a couple of weeks, not just today. I'm going to try and be patient today, but it's a shame they can't handle any kind of traffic.

I think it's much worse when they are actually uploading videos. I get the error message a lot right before another category pops up.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I need everybody to stop trying to view videos... so I can.

If they are using the exact same pipe to upload videos as people watching them thats REALLY inefficient.

Stupid videos still wont load.

Stupid videos still wont load.

I'm not having any trouble with them loading. What are you trying to watch?

Should we see if we can get a computer expert to help you out?

I'm not having any trouble with them loading. What are you trying to watch?

Should we see if we can get a computer expert to help you out?

Please. I will say it is probably the more popular videos that are having trouble loading. I have tried a couple machines here, and did a RDP connection in Chicago to see if it was any better. Nope.

Please. I will say it is probably the more popular videos that are having trouble loading. I have tried a couple machines here, and did a RDP connection in Chicago to see if it was any better. Nope.

it is def the more popular ones
so obnoxious

A hundred shimmies to you! I work nights and there is many times on my nights off that I would like to do nothing more then watch the whole senior 5 division from NCA...but I can't unless I want to miss all of the stunts sections or troll around on youtube all night. I would love to be able to access comp videos whenever on my pc or wii, Netflix currently charges $8 a month...I would happily pay that....

I am completely enamored with this concept that I just came up with. :)

Seriously - you license DVD-quality content from the competition providers and put it on a website, pay them a royalty, and then allow people to stream that video at their leisure for a flat monthly fee. Use DRM to keep people from ripping the content as best you can. Comp providers can keep the rights to their videos if they want to sell DVD's or put snippets on their website, but the idea is that we provide another avenue to monetize video assets. Between that and live event webcasting, I think there's a legitimate business model out there that somebody's probably already thought about and said "no way in heck will that work".

Space is VERY cheap. Bandwidth I can see, but, it all depends on what service you use.

OR, let us go a different approach. PUT EVERYTHING ON YOUTUBE! It wont cost a dime! It will host in HD. You have an interface on Varsity.com. You can turn off embedding so they have to go to youtube.com to watch the video and have your advertisements there? I'm throwing out million dollar ideas here hoping one will stick.

That's by far the most cost-effective way to do it.

I am completely enamored with this concept that I just came up with. :)

Seriously - you license DVD-quality content from the competition providers and put it on a website, pay them a royalty, and then allow people to stream that video at their leisure for a flat monthly fee. Use DRM to keep people from ripping the content as best you can. Comp providers can keep the rights to their videos if they want to sell DVD's or put snippets on their website, but the idea is that we provide another avenue to monetize video assets. Between that and live event webcasting, I think there's a legitimate business model out there that somebody's probably already thought about and said "no way in heck will that work".

That's by far the most cost-effective way to do it.

The technology world has set this standard we expect things to live up to. And when a provided service does not meet those expectations (even if that service is better than nothing at all) we get upset about it. It is just the way it is.

I have to refresh the page about every video and a half because it stops and says that I lost connection.

I watched last night around 10-1130
I mean it was terrible quality cause i left it on auto. but it worked. just a few buffer times.

The technology world has set this standard we expect things to live up to. And when a provided service does not meet those expectations (even if that service is better than nothing at all) we get upset about it. It is just the way it is.

Yes, but I think that if "you" are going to offer a service, do it all the way or don't do it at all; do it the right way.

Back