OT I Apologize For Not Being On Lately But...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jun 17, 2011
Hi all... I apologize for not being active the past few weeks. I have been really sick for about a month now (and am still really sick) and have also been very busy with school and cheer. We had our first competition last weekend. Proud to say we got 1st place, grand champs, and a paid bid to the US Finals! :)

Anywaaaay, I found this quote and just wanted to share because I know that sometimes going to the source can be intimidating because (whether you admit it or not) you are most likely afraid of how the source will react if you do ask questions or voice your concerns, because you don't want to infuriate anyone or upset or hurt anyone's feelings or that they may "jump down your throat" for asking such "absurd questions" or that they will become utterly angry and ask you, "how could you even come up with such a ridiculous scenario". But I can guarantee nothing hurts a person more than being talked about behind your back and having people assume things behind your back and voice their concerns to others and then having others join in on the assumptions, etc. Even if the source gets offended by your questions, as long as you remain respectful and honest and open to what they will say, going to the source and asking questions will hurt the person a lot less than asking for answers to others would.

Respect and trust are gained off of mutual honesty. It's all about respect, and I know that our industry can be exceedingly drama oriented... It's like everyone just feeds off of it as if they will die if they don't get their "Daily Drama Fix" or something. This time of year (comp season) is when EVERYONE starts to get involved in drama. This time of year takes the word "fierce" to a whole new level. People want to be the best, so they seek to make other programs look bad in attempt to make themselves look better. People are easily deceived. People tend to believe whatever they are told (no matter how untrue) just so they have an "easy answer", or because they think that whatever they were told "makes sense" so therefore it MUST be true. If the shoe fits, how could it not be true? Right? Wrong. Never take action on something based on mere assumptions or based off of what traveled through the "rumor mill". Always have your facts straight. And if you are unsure on what the facts really are or what is really going on about what you heard, instead of feeding into it, go directly to the source.

"Don't Make Assumptions. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life."~Miguel Angel Ruiz.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day and Happy Early Thanksgiving :)

Back