OT I Can't Believe What I Found On Youtube!!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 41136
  • Start date

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
D

Deleted member 41136

I was looking up Kaycee Rice dance videos with a friend and my friend clicked on her Werk video! Yikes!!!

Link:

This is one of her older ones. Pretty sure we discussed whether the dance was appropriate for her. Insanely talented though.

**If you think you were robbed at Worlds please file a police report**

Inappropriate, and frankly the dance technique isn't really that impressive. The tumbling is good, and she is super sharp and clean, but there the actual technique isn't impressive. CP's studio teaches that stuff in intermediate hip hop, minus the vulgar stuff.

This is one of the best child hip hop solo dances EVER! I don't think it's inappropriate at all, I think it's amazing!!!

BTW - This solo is just one example of why the Dance Moms girls don't deserve their rep of being "top dancers" - this girl could out dance them in her sleep.

This is one of the best child hip hop solo dances EVER! I don't think it's inappropriate at all, I think it's amazing!!!

BTW - This solo is just one example of why the Dance Moms girls don't deserve their rep of being "top dancers" - this girl could out dance them in her sleep.
I think her "Monster" duet is much better. It is much more technically sound and better put together. It showcases what she can really do. I have seen her do some truly amazing lyrical and modern pieces. She is amazingly talented, no doubt. This dance just doesn't do her talent justice. This feels disjointed, and chippy to me. It doesn't utilize the stage space very well or feature much dimension and there is very little turn, footwork, or timing technique. It is the same arm work over and over, combined with a bunch of pelvic thrusts. It feels gimmicky and there for shock value. The actual dance technique is minimal.

I have a just turned 11 year old who dances about 10 hours a week and has danced since she was 3. She started hip hop at 6. There is NO WAY I would allow her to dance this piece.

Here is monster

And here is some lyrical/ modern work

These have real technique and dimension that showcase her talent.

Last edited:
Kaycee is awesome - I know she has other great routines, but to me that "Werk" solo is top notch. It's like legendary.

She is soooo on the music, and hits the accents perfectly.

She is incrdibly talented. Not being familiar with the dance world, what is the shelf life of these dancers? Once they hit puberty, and go through body changes and growth spurts, do they have the same successes as they do when they are younger? I ask because most of the videos I've seen are of younger dancers dancing routines that often seem like they should be choreographed for older teens, however I rarely see the older teens dancing to similar choreography.

She is incrdibly talented. Not being familiar with the dance world, what is the shelf life of these dancers? Once they hit puberty, and go through body changes and growth spurts, do they have the same successes as they do when they are younger? I ask because most of the videos I've seen are of younger dancers dancing routines that often seem like they should be choreographed for older teens, however I rarely see the older teens dancing to similar choreography.
It happens a lot. It is definitely a lot more difficult to make a name for yourself when you are no longer young and cute, doing things you shouldn't be at that age. Tweaking really isn't as "cute" when a 15 year old does it, it's even creepier IMO. A few of these kids move on to become working dancers, but most turn to something else when puberty hits and dance is just a hobby.

Kaycee is awesome - I know she has other great routines, but to me that "Werk" solo is top notch. It's like legendary.

She is soooo on the music, and hits the accents perfectly.
It's easy to hit everything perfectly when the choreography is that much less difficult than what she is capable of.

This dance is just NOT what I would want representing my art form if I were her, wether she executes it well or not. Can you really honestly tell me you would be ok seeing your own child do this in front of thousands of people at 10 years old?

The Monster routine was really good. Shame they didn't have professionals doing the lighting.

No representation is made that the quality of cheer advice provided is greater than the quality of cheer advice provided by other twitters.

I can see where some people would see "werk" as inappropriate, but I just don't, and never did. From the first time I saw that video my reaction was "wow - dang that girl can hip hop!". I know she's twerking, but for some reason it's done so well that it doesn't look nasty to me at all.

If my CP could dance like that (she can't, lol - she'd look like a joke trying to do that routine cause her hip hop skills are very "101" to put it nicely), I'd have no problem w/ her doing that dance. Now, the single ladies dance, that one kind of bugged me, as well as a lot, but not all (her hip hop is pretty good), of Asia's dances - one in particular that I didn't like was the one she did in the puppy dog costume on Dance Moms - the full version of it is very exploitive.

I can see where some people would see "werk" as inappropriate, but I just don't, and never did. From the first time I saw that video my reaction was "wow - dang that girl can hip hop!". I know she's twerking, but for some reason it's done so well that it doesn't look nasty to me at all.

If my CP could dance like that (she can't, lol - she'd look like a joke trying to do that routine cause her hip hop skills are very "101" to put it nicely), I'd have no problem w/ her doing that dance. Now, the single ladies dance, that one kind of bugged me, as well as a lot, but not all (her hip hop is pretty good), of Asia's dances - one in particular that I didn't like was the one she did in the puppy dog costume on Dance Moms - the full version of it is very exploitive.
I don't see this as any different from the Single Ladies. Vulgar is vulgar no matter how well it is executed. It surprises me that one bothers you but not the other. To each his own I guess.

Back