All-Star I Feel Like I Might Need A Rubric...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheercurl

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
This new shimmy verses like button...
Here is how I see it:
"Like"=thumbs up to an idea or an opinion
"Shimmy"=brilliant thought, high 5, fist pump (Hey, I'm from Jersey), so amused I physically send you a shimmy
"Dislike"=thumbs down, bad idea, distasteful
"Funny"= Funny Haha or a sarcastic umm yeah thats funny...not (would also need to make use of appropriate emoji or gif)
"Informative"=imparting interesting or pertinent information Ya know like one of those @BlueCat @ACEDAD kind of posts and I mean that in the nicest way.
"Old Thread"=a very handy icon to distinguish an interesting thought on an old thread
"Gossip"= (now this is a tricky one but useful) This one could be used to accuse someone of gossip having nothing concrete to back what you say or possibly as a way to distinguish a post as "something I heard from my sisters, cousin's ex-boyfriends, brother-in-laws, wife.
"Bullying"= (another useful but potentially abused icon) Bullying is in the eye of the beholder or in other words my version of what constitutes bullying may not be the same as yours. Hopefully it will be used sparingly in the spirit it was intended.

Okay for those of you who read my rubric...thank you. It took a whole 5 minutes of my life that I will never get back:cool:. Please feel free to add your interpretations.

This new shimmy verses like button...
Here is how I see it:
"Like"=thumbs up to an idea or an opinion
"Shimmy"=brilliant thought, high 5, fist pump (Hey, I'm from Jersey), so amused I physically send you a shimmy
"Dislike"=thumbs down, bad idea, distasteful
"Funny"= Funny Haha or a sarcastic umm yeah thats funny...not (would also need to make use of appropriate emoji or gif)
"Informative"=imparting interesting or pertinent information Ya know like one of those @BlueCat @ACEDAD kind of posts and I mean that in the nicest way.
"Old Thread"=a very handy icon to distinguish an interesting thought on an old thread
"Gossip"= (now this is a tricky one but useful) This one could be used to accuse someone of gossip having nothing concrete to back what you say or possibly as a way to distinguish a post as "something I heard from my sisters, cousin's ex-boyfriends, brother-in-laws, wife.
"Bullying"= (another useful but potentially abused icon) Bullying is in the eye of the beholder or in other words my version of what constitutes bullying may not be the same as yours. Hopefully it will be used sparingly in the spirit it was intended.

Okay for those of you who read my rubric...thank you. It took a whole 5 minutes of my life that I will never get back:cool:. Please feel free to add your interpretations.
I like your rubric. Definitely helpful to a newbie...especially one who can't figure out how to change my abuse me tagline.

I like your rubric. Definitely helpful to a newbie...especially one who can't figure out how to change my abuse me tagline.
It will get changed as you continue to post and receive shimmys. I forget how many are needed for each new tagline, and not sure how the new rating system figures into it all, but that is how it works.

I'm using this as the Snopes indicator.

As in, "this post may or may not have validity, however, confirmation of truth or the lack thereof has not yet been defined." Or, "This is a widespread rumor, but has been disproven."

I'm using this as the Snopes indicator.

As in, "this post may or may not have validity, however, confirmation of truth or the lack thereof has not yet been defined." Or, "This is a widespread rumor, but has been disproven."
:shimmy:

Back