All-Star I Hope You Lose - Nca & Nda All-star Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can we talk about snow plow parents? Ugh

Sent from the Fierce Board App iOS
Oh Lordy! Just had this convo with a cheer friend last night!!! Didn't know it had a name :D I'll admit to a little snow blowing - not sure about plowing though.

Oh Lordy! Just had this convo with a cheer friend last night!!! Didn't know it had a name :D I'll admit to a little snow blowing - not sure about plowing though.

Haha it's a great term.

I do believe parents want to always make sure their child has as many advantages as they can. I think the biggest misconception is that a failure or loss (adversity in general) is not an advantage. Learning to cope and deal with failure is probably the best thing a parent can ever help their child with.

Earlier I was helping ASCheerMan cope with the fact he can't install our fierce board app for testing. He didnt take it well.

I think it's a parent's nature to do a little snow blowing ;) but plowing is a little excessive. I think parents want to set their child up for success/create an environment that allows them to be successful, and then leave it up to them to create the success. But I'm not a parent so what do I know :p ? That's just what my parents did.

Haha it's a great term.

I do believe parents want to always make sure their child has as many advantages as they can. I think the biggest misconception is that a failure or loss (adversity in general) is not an advantage. Learning to cope and deal with failure is probably the best thing a parent can ever help their child with.

Earlier I was helping ASCheerMan cope with the fact he can't install our fierce board app for testing. He didnt take it well.

I will tell you that I agree completely. My mother was dirt poor when I was growing up. I didn't get a car, I had to babysit my little brother constantly, and I had to get a job as soon as I was 16. I'm VERY GLAD I had to learn how to cope under those circumstances as it played a huge role in shaping who I am today.

The fact that, as a teenager, I had stay home on a Friday night to tend to family obligations isn't nearly as devastating as I thought it was back then.

I will tell you that I agree completely. My mother was dirt poor when I was growing up. I didn't get a car, I had to babysit my little brother constantly, and I had to get a job as soon as I was 16. I'm VERY GLAD I had to learn how to cope under those circumstances as it played a huge role in shaping who I am today.

The fact that, as a teenager, I had stay home on a Friday night to tend to family obligations isn't nearly as devastating as I thought it was back then.
i'm feeling really guilty about buying her a car.........

Dear CP,
Im writing this note to let you know that Justin Carrier has alerted me to the err of my parenting ways. As a result you are now carless - he will be happy to discuss this with you in person after you have lost in dallas (he also says this is good for you).
Love always,
mom :kiss:

Bwahahahaha Good one

Dear CP,
Im writing this note to let you know that Justin Carrier has alerted me to the err of my parenting ways. As a result you are now carless - he will be happy to discuss this with you in person after you have lost in dallas (he also says this is good for you).
Love always,
mom :kiss:
Wow, the way you frame it--I'm not a very nice guy!

Sent from the Fierce Board App

i had to share this on facebook - i have a few fb friend coaches that could use a good read...

Back