All-Star I Know Alot Of You Like Brooke High ..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

it blows my mind that they can do all of this on hard floor. at my hs (and i'm sure many other high schools) we werent allowed to do anything but cheers/dances and jumps on hard floor during practice and at bball games we couldnt toss or cradle any stunts even if it was a straight ride. we broke some of these rules anyway (360's down from stunts, some tosses) but they were put in place for good reason and it prevented a lot of injuries

it doesn't bother us here.. I mean yes we would absolutely love to have mats but , it's not something we get the privilege of using. We are just trained for things to be that way. I mean things have changed. In 2008 was our last year for double downs still having fills in the routine etc. 2009-2010 we were only allowed to single down and we could still full. now we are only allowed to twist if the base has contact with the foot and we cant do fulls (obviously) or else all of this HS's passes would have been fulls including their 10 alternates (if I'm not mistaken) and we can do fly away tosses just not baskets. we can only do baskets, fulls, and double downs if we're on a football field, track, or mat.

Oh my gosh. I get bruises on my hands doing a few ROBHS' for basketball games. Can't imagine any other tumbling or an entire routine.

it doesn't bother us here.. I mean yes we would absolutely love to have mats but , it's not something we get the privilege of using. We are just trained for things to be that way. I mean things have changed. In 2008 was our last year for double downs still having fills in the routine etc. 2009-2010 we were only allowed to single down and we could still full. now we are only allowed to twist if the base has contact with the foot and we cant do fulls (obviously) or else all of this HS's passes would have been fulls including their 10 alternates (if I'm not mistaken) and we can do fly away tosses just not baskets. we can only do baskets, fulls, and double downs if we're on a football field, track, or mat.

:eek: I wish you all could have mats and could showcase all the talent WV has!

I also wish girls could compete HS and allstar at the same time in WV, but i guess that is truly wishful thinking.

:eek: I wish you all could have mats and could showcase all the talent WV has!

I also wish girls could compete HS and allstar at the same time in WV, but i guess that is truly wishful thinking.
Oh trust me , we wish the same exact thing. people always down us as west virgians just bc of stereotypes but ,the truth is , we truly have amazing cheerleading programs.

10 alternates? It seems to me like a lot of really good teams keep a lot of alternates. Here in Indiana, Carmel high school, one of the best in the state, at one point (i think) had more alternates sitting out than girls performing on the floor (7). Any insight into why this is so effective?

Back