I Need Help With My Cheerleading, Mentally? (it Is A Long Story)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 12, 2012
Hi all,
I am in serious trouble and i need help but first you need to understand my story.
So i joined my club at the beginning of the year and was in a level 1 team that trained twice a week.It didn't take long until i fell in love with the sport! i loved my team and even more importantly i loved learning new skills. After three solid weeks in August i had already learned my handspring and was just flying with my tumbles. So now i can tell you the problem. A few weeks ago before tryouts and after our last competition when i injured my wrist and ankle that i lost the drive to learn new tumbles! Previously i remember spending all night working on my kick-overs and handstands and didn't care about the injuries and stuff but now i don't bother to do anything like that. I just completely lost the urge to tumble. and it kills me because i LOVE cheerleading! even worse is that i have a friend that was always at the same skill level as me and we basically learned new skills together when i think about it but now ive stopped tumbling, shes over passed me and is working on harder stunts and tumbles and it just makes me extremely sad and jealous. But this was nothing until today when i got home from optional holiday training and felt so depressed and down (i'm usually screaming at my mum with excitement telling her everything that had happened at practice) and i realized how everything had changed and i just wanted to cry. I want everything to go back to the way it was before. To when i had super high goals that i loved to strive to achieve.
So now you know my problem does anyone know how i can get my love of cheerleading back? The urge to tumble and to get rid of my jealousy?
Please help me because it is eating me up from inside
Cheers xx
(by the way i'm an Australian cheerleader)

I've done the same thing. I'd start picturing what skills you want to get, and imagining yourself doing them well, and then maybe you'll want to work towards them more? Remember that you're only going to get better at tumbling if you try hard. Good luck! xx:)

Back