I Saw A Level 2 Team Do This....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 17, 2011
It starts off as a "legal" level 2 stunt.. the set with a backspot, flyer and one base. They dip and go to a single based "prep" with no backspot, just both of the bases having a foot and the secondary base holding the ankle and under the arch of the flyers foot for support, then they do a clear stop for at least two counts, then they dip and go up to extension and cradle from the extended position. There is no backspot, just the 2 bases and flyer. Is that legal?
Just curious. Thanks!

It starts off as a "legal" level 2 stunt.. the set with a backspot, flyer and one base. They dip and go to a single based "prep" with no backspot, just both of the bases having a foot and the secondary base holding the ankle and under the arch of the flyers foot for support, then they do a clear stop for at least two counts, then they dip and go up to extension and cradle from the extended position. There is no backspot, just the 2 bases and flyer. Is that legal?
Just curious. Thanks!

It sounds like it, but can't and won't say for sure without a picture or video.

It sounds like it, but can't and won't say for sure without a picture or video.
I'm just confused because, it was my understanding (I'm an athlete not a coach, so I wouldn't have any way of actually *knowing* ) that extended stunts for level 2 *must* have a backspot and two bases and that cradles for level 2 from an extended stunt *must* have a backspot as well. I will try and find a video

I'm just confused because, it was my understanding (I'm an athlete not a coach, so I wouldn't have any way of actually *knowing* ) that extended stunts for level 2 *must* have a backspot and two bases and that cradles for level 2 from an extended stunt *must* have a backspot as well. I will try and find a video

An extension in L2 can be performed with a total of 3 people, 1 base, 1 top, and 1 spot. They do not require 2 bases. The spot does not need to be in the back and depending on the placement of their hands, they could have a hand under the foot of the top.

Back