All-Star I Think Every Athlete Is Special, My Thoughts On The Word "cheerlebrity"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I thought there were only like 4 or 5 considered "Cheerlebrities" in Allstar cheer. Kiara, Whitney, Kelsey, Maddie and maybe a couple of others. Is this guy talking about these girls or about other girls thinking their at the level of these girls? Your opinion and rap about "Cheerlebrities" is cool but what did the tumbling have to do with anything? I thought the subject was about Cheerlebrities???

Haven't seen the video but I think the occurance of cheerlebrities will die down a good bit. With the capping of tumbling there are less and less ways to stand out. As well you can only be the first one to throw a certain skill one year. After that there isn't a lot more ground to go into.

Because cheerleading is so team oriented I think in a few years there just wont be many ways for people to distinguish themselves enough from the pack to be a cheerlebrity.

Love you Julian!! And I agree with what your talking about. You inspire people and your an awesome tumbler! Keep doing what you do!:)

Btw, who sings that song?!

I thought there were only like 4 or 5 considered "Cheerlebrities" in Allstar cheer. Kiara, Whitney, Kelsey, Maddie and maybe a couple of others. Is this guy talking about these girls or about other girls thinking their at the level of these girls? Your opinion and rap about "Cheerlebrities" is cool but what did the tumbling have to do with anything? I thought the subject was about Cheerlebrities???
"I always post tumbling videos, Not to get fame or to IMPRESS you or anyone else, i do it to motivate others to do better and be better. I just thought id add that in there, Anything else u wanna know???

and no it isnt really calling out any of them because ive never really seen them get cocky, just the people who are a little known and that arent humble and that use their skills for all the wrong reasons. I just think that we all are special in our own individual way ya know. By no means did i try to call anyone out, just stating the way I feel about it. Having good skills doesnt make u better than ANYONE and thats the point im trying to get across.

After witnessing "cheerlebrity" in action at NCA I would never want my cp experiencing that. It would scare me if people were making fake accounts in her name or mobbing her competitions. At NCA I saw a situation go down where Maddie Gardner had her back to a door and was trying to get to her team and kids were all around her asking for pictures or autographs. Finally someone (a parent I assume) opened the door she was backed into and pulled her through so she could get to the arena. All I could think of was "she needs a bodyguard stat". When she came back out a group of girls were waiting for her and literally broke into tears.
I don't know if the trend will die down because parents will do anything these days to get their child some fame. My cp who likes to do acting has asked if she can be on "one of those reality shows" if they do one for cheer. It was a definite NO...lol

and no it isnt really calling out any of them because ive never really seen them get cocky, just the people who are a little known and that arent humble and that use their skills for all the wrong reasons. I just think that we all are special in our own individual way ya know. By no means did i try to call anyone out, just stating the way I feel about it. Having good skills doesnt make u better than ANYONE and thats the point im trying to get across.

I am glad that you made a video about this. When the cheerlebrity thread popped up on the board not long ago I voiced that i think that there are too many athletes who have let it go to their head to the point of being not so humble anymore. The big names like Whitney, Maddie, Kiara, and Kelsey have dealt with it nicely and there are times I feel bad for a few of them because they seem to try and be as normal as possible but others want to put them on a pedestal. The cheerlebrity thing is getting out of hand and people need to step back and remember these are normal athletes who just have a talent for what they do.

I am glad that you made a video about this. When the cheerlebrity thread popped up on the board not long ago I voiced that i think that there are too many athletes who have let it go to their head to the point of being not so humble anymore. The big names like Whitney, Maddie, Kiara, and Kelsey have dealt with it nicely and there are times I feel bad for a few of them because they seem to try and be as normal as possible but others want to put them on a pedestal. The cheerlebrity thing is getting out of hand and people need to step back and remember these are normal athletes who just have a talent for what they do.
;)

I agree. "Cheerlebrity" should retire as a status. There are literally hundreds of athletes who have never been noticed because they aren't on a "big name" team. I want my cp to be the best she can possibly be in this sport. She has seen videos of these cheerlebrities but doesn't consider them to be famous by any means, just someone she can learn from and get motivation from.

I agree. "Cheerlebrity" should retire as a status. There are literally hundreds of athletes who have never been noticed because they aren't on a "big name" team. I want my cp to be the best she can possibly be in this sport. She has seen videos of these cheerlebrities but doesn't consider them to be famous by any means, just someone she can learn from and get motivation from.
Thanks ;) and yeah she's watching the right ones then because in reality the ultimate goal should be to motivate and inspire someone to be the best that they can be ya know?

Didnt know when you post a topic to talk about you also highlight your tumbling to motivate others. Kind of like a captive audience. I understand now. Will keep that in mind when you post another topic to talk about :)

Back