I Wanna Try Out For School Cheer Buuuuuut..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 21, 2012
The girls at my new school have a bad rep. which i dont want to get just because i cheer. I dont know what to do it looks like so much fun and i cant do allstar soooo? any opinions on what i should do? thanks a bunch :D

The girls at my new school have a bad rep. which i dont want to get just because i cheer. I dont know what to do it looks like so much fun and i cant do allstar soooo? any opinions on what i should do? thanks a bunch :D
If you can't do allstar I'd say go for it. I honestly hated school cheer, but that's probably just because I've done allstar my whole life. And who cares about their reputation?? If you have a good attitude and are nothing but nice, you can create a whole new reputation!! :)

If you can't do allstar I'd say go for it. I honestly hated school cheer, but that's probably just because I've done allstar my whole life. And who cares about their reputation?? If you have a good attitude and are nothing but nice, you can create a whole new reputation!! :)
Thanks! i will have to do that :)

I would recommend that you go for it; however do not sleep on the reputation part of it. I can become a big deal. There is peer pressure. These girls will become your family and after a while of associating with them, certain things that seemed very bad or something you would never have done, all of a sudden start looking not so bad. Be friendly, but keep your own friends, so they can help pull you back when the see you slipping. This is reality, and if you are not prepared for it, you will get caught up and end up with the same rep.....just some motherly advise. Good Luck!

I would recommend that you go for it; however do not sleep on the reputation part of it. I can become a big deal. There is peer pressure. These girls will become your family and after a while of associating with them, certain things that seemed very bad or something you would never have done, all of a sudden start looking not so bad. Be friendly, but keep your own friends, so they can help pull you back when the see you slipping. This is reality, and if you are not prepared for it, you will get caught up and end up with the same rep.....just some motherly advise. Good Luck!
Good advice! thanks so much!

I agree. You create your own reputation. Just keep your head up, cheer is so much fun! :)

I mean since you can't do all star and if you love cheering then do it!! Their reputation shouldn't matter if you really love it, plus once you get to know them, you'll probably realize that their reputations were completely off of what they're really like!!!!!! I love doing school cheering, I do both school cheer and all star and I love them both!! School cheer is good because then I get to hang out with all of my friends that don't do all star!!

You should definitely try it! Just because they have a bad rep doesn't mean you'll get one. If it's something you will enjoy go for it!

It's the same way at my school, but once I started cheering I learned that the reason they have a bad rep is because of rumors spread by jealous girls. Don't worry about what others think of you so much though because you're the one that has to be happy with yourself when it's all said and done! ♥

Back