All-Star Icu And Iasf, Whats The Dif?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 9, 2011
Hey guys
Just trying to get my head round the difference between the ICU worlds and the IASF worlds thing, they're both in the same place at basically the same time and just seem to be focusing on slightly different aspects of cheer, is that the only difference or is there more to it?

ICU is setup more like a Worlds Championship for countries. It is to get us along the road to being an Olympic sport. IASF is the international counterpart of the USASF and is just the more traditional allstar competition with different clubs.

ICU is 1 team from each country in a division. There are different divisions - Stunt Group, Partner Stunt, Premier AG, Premier Coed, Elite AG, and Elite Coed. (There are also dance divisions). This is semi like the olympics in a team sport where you can enter one team that is comprised of the best of the best.

So this is different from the IASF because there are several teams from your country and this is an allstar competition.

So major difference. ICU - 1 team from each country. IASF - Allstar teams that competed for bids.

OK cool, that makes a lot of sense, i guess thats why it seems ICU focuses mre of the stunting side having PS and group where IASF doesn't seem to have that. Thanks man, do you know if you're competing one you can watch the other for free or not? (obv as long as you have the Disney pass still)

OK cool, that makes a lot of sense, i guess thats why it seems ICU focuses mre of the stunting side having PS and group where IASF doesn't seem to have that. Thanks man, do you know if you're competing one you can watch the other for free or not? (obv as long as you have the Disney pass still)

As long as you have days left on your park hopper you can get in and watch. To all my international friends though you do NOT have to have the general expensive park hopper to watch cheer. If you just want to watch some competitions at the Wide World of Sports you can pay $25. If you want to go see Mickey that is when it gets expensive.

IASF scoring has changed this year and you need true coed partner stunting in the Open divisions in order to score well.

Thanks again to both, my flyer wants to go see Mikey so we've got ourselves the hopper but it's good to know King!
I'm not sure they're gonna bother scoring me since there isn't a rule book for how to do it from a wheelchair...would be interesting to know what i would score anyway, but i have no chance in open competition, barely any pop and no "step under" stability so i have assists on hand so the complex "points scoring" stuff.

Back