High School Ideas On Halftimes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 9, 2012
I'm captain of my Winter cheerleading we have to come up with our own halftimes for basketball games. The only problem is, since our team has 22 girls we split up the teams into 2 teams of 11 so we only have 11 girls for halftimes. I'm on a Freshman team, however we're very advanced we can do libs but not pull any stretches. & another thing we are not allowed to do any basket tosses/straight rides. Could anyone help me figure out a cool halftime for such a small team? BTW: i'm new on here so I'm still trying to figure out how this all works. thanks :)

There are some great things on YouTube you can get inspiration from! Make up a cute 1 minute dance, throw some tumbling and a hit a pyramid structure at the end! I like to try to make my routines athletic to prove that cheerleaders work hard like every other sport--our school doesn't seem to understand that. :p Good luck!

Pom routines are always great entertainment and crowd likes the music and dancing. Don't always cheer during halftime. You are also the spirit representatives. hold a future cheer camp and have them perform at half time. skits, half time games. Good luck!!

If you can do inversions on the hard floor, maybe add one in a pyramid from like an express up lib, power press to prep and do a kind of bird front to a cradle....they are pretty easy and the crowd loves them!

I know a lot of schools just put on music during half time so I would try to ask someone for that. Then you can make up a dance to it and teach it to everyone. UCA also has a ton of their instructional videos on YouTube if you wanted to use one of theirs. Anyways, after you teach everyone the dance then you can meet like 20 or 30 minutes before the game and just figure out what stunts you can do that night with the people you have, and then it won't be the same every game. If you've already got the dance the rest will be pretty easy!

I would also do one night where your entire team does a full routine together. Pick one of your biggest home games that way everyone in the town can see something different and all of the skills you have. Good luck with your season.

I know a lot of schools just put on music during half time so I would try to ask someone for that. Then you can make up a dance to it and teach it to everyone. UCA also has a ton of their instructional videos on YouTube if you wanted to use one of theirs. Anyways, after you teach everyone the dance then you can meet like 20 or 30 minutes before the game and just figure out what stunts you can do that night with the people you have, and then it won't be the same every game. If you've already got the dance the rest will be pretty easy!

I would also do one night where your entire team does a full routine together. Pick one of your biggest home games that way everyone in the town can see something different and all of the skills you have. Good luck with your season.

thanks everyone! and yeah, we use our videos from NCA cheer camp, but yes we will def do a halftime with all of us, thanks!

Back