All-Star IEP/ Summit Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheermom1979

Cheer Parent
Aug 25, 2019
A team I follow on socials posted that their gym got Summit bids last weekend. Varsity did not list them during the reveal and they are from a non-varsity brand event. When I questioned it they responded that the IEP had a few Summit bids to hand out. Is this something that happens? I have never heard of it in my 9 years of cheer….

A team I follow on socials posted that their gym got Summit bids last weekend. Varsity did not list them during the reveal and they are from a non-varsity brand event. When I questioned it they responded that the IEP had a few Summit bids to hand out. Is this something that happens? I have never heard of it in my 9 years of cheer….

Some of the newer IEPs are giving out Summit bids now.
For example, last weekend we were at the Cali Crown which is put on by World Class Cheerleading. They had summit bids to give away, and are NOT Varsity. I think (this is purely a guess) it is a way to keep people away from Open events, because they can add in new events but still have bid opportunities.

Yes, this is the event I saw. I just don’t get why they are listing the winning teams at the bid reveal- why is it secretive?

I'm only assuming from my business experience but, it could be for a few reasons. 1) When you have callaboratives with other companies you don't have access to their data. Therefore, you rely on them to get the data to you by a deadline or they aren't included in announcements, advertising, etc. 2) It may be contractual they aren't to be included in Varsity bid announcements, because that's a form of EP advertising. 3) The Independent Event Planner just doesn't want to be included since many owners seek out IEP's to avoid Varsity.

Back