All-Star If You Were A Coach...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Juinor or Senior 4/5!! I coach a mini level 1 and don't get me wrong i love it...but they just don't quite have the attention span for my liking (but its still very entertaining lol) and that age really seems to understand and have the skills that would be really fun to coreograph! :)

youth or junior for any level! Youth kids are so cute but can be very focused. Junior kids are old enough for you to yell at. lol. And they usually don't have nearly as much attitude as senior girls.

I didn't get this memo. I've been yelling at the Tinys all season... And I have to sat I love my Tinys, but I also hope to coach Mini 1 next year

i would love to start by coaching minis/youths. i would like to help with a senior team but coaching one seems like alot of pressure to have to deal with!

I didn't get this memo. I've been yelling at the Tinys all season... And I have to sat I love my Tinys, but I also hope to coach Mini 1 next year

I'm not judging you at all or anything. And you are absolutely free to do whatever. But I don't yell at tinys ever. I will get a firm tone with them and use other tactics, but I don't yell at them. Minis depends on the age. There are some mature girls that can handle a coach yelling at them, and there are absoultely some that can't handle that. The girls that can't handle it are the ones that I can use the firm tone with, and it'll work.

I'm not judging you at all or anything. And you are absolutely free to do whatever. But I don't yell at tinys ever. I will get a firm tone with them and use other tactics, but I don't yell at them. Minis depends on the age. There are some mature girls that can handle a coach yelling at them, and there are absoultely some that can't handle that. The girls that can't handle it are the ones that I can use the firm tone with, and it'll work.
By yell I mean use a firm tone, or if I am yelling, it's at the whole team for really misbehaving (as in they've already been told once or twice to behave). I don't ever scream at just one child personally. I do yell at the whole team, but in our gym (which is completely open) you have to yell to be heard. Also, all our Tinys are five or six. Please don't take that the wrong way, I really love my kids and I know they love me. Our little team is very close

Small Senior 4 or Small Senior 5. Attitudes? Mines bigger. They'd be out of the gym before they could even finish that eye-roll. Senior kids can be pushed REALLY hard. you can only make a junior team run so much before they "get it". I'd instill the aspect of fierce into my girls. To be fierce is to know your good. You can't be cocky if you're not good. Small 4 and Small 5 are two of the divisions where i see confidence and cockiness playing large parts in the success of the teams. That, and senior kids are just much better dancers :)

oh and - no boys allowed. boys competing at any level lower than 5 think they're hot poo, but really... dude, there's a reason why youre on a level 3 team & not a level 5 one. stop thinking you're so much better than these GIRLS who do the same thing as you! homeboy, they're showing you up. get it together!

Back