High School Ihsa Cheer State 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Lockport deserves a title based solely on having standing tumbling at the END OF DANCE.

There are WORLDS and/or COLLEGE teams who couldn't pull that off.

Last edited:
Agreed. I want to see a video of Lemont. I am assuming they didn't hit at sectionals as they are going into state from their section in 3rd or 4th I think I saw! Granted they are Medium but Large division is Stacked. I saw Minooka too and they look like Top 10 this year too. Illinois Large Varsity is turning into a battle much like the Large Senior 5 division at Worlds. Since Providence is out, I am pulling for Neuqua Valley or Lockport.

Lemont had 1 stunt fall but a great performance otherwise.

I was at the Limestone sectional yesterday, and I didn't get the chance to see many routines, since we got there and immediately had to finish getting ready and then go into warmups, and we left right after our awards. Lexington did really really well from what I saw. The one thing I completely don't get is how Eureka didn't place first. I saw their routine and I don't know how someone could have done better than them. I didn't see Oakwood's routine, but I honestly don't understand. Apparently they didn't either. They didn't stand or cheer or anything when they were announced for second place. Also, @Rudags, I'm pretty sure most of Twitter agrees with you about Providence. I haven't seen a video or anything, but all of the cheer Twitters were freaking out.
I really loved the setup Limestone had. I know that's not what this thread is about, but I can't stand not saying anything. Every team had their own room, unless they "shared" with another team in another division, in which case they didnt really have to share. And there was a TV in every room, with a live stream of the gym happening all day. And then they had their auditorium playing the same live stream on a movie screen. That's where I saw the part of It was confusing at times (only because I go to a school with approximately 13 classrooms) but I really loved it.

Providence put out a nice letter - accepting the judges decision and congratulating the winners on Twitter. The Joliet West Sectional was crazy with talent in the Large Varsity.

How on EARTH did this team not qualify for State?! Not familiar with IHSA as I'm from MA...

I think most of Illinois is asking the same question. I heard one of the teams who qualified for State in that sectional dropped a stunt and had a touch down in standing backs (2.0 in deductions) but still beat out Providence Catholic. Many of my friends I talked to said it was politics, but who knows.

There is some serious talent in IL high schools. Are many IL HS cheer kids in all star programs as well? Or is IL a "no all stars during your high school season" state? I always forget which states are like that.

There is some serious talent in IL high schools. Are many IL HS cheer kids in all star programs as well? Or is IL a "no all stars during your high school season" state? I always forget which states are like that.
Illinois is one of the "no allstars" states. I always thinking of that when I'm watching teams compete and I get so shocked

How on EARTH did this team not qualify for State?! Not familiar with IHSA as I'm from MA...
I know really great...
This is our first year in HS cheer. Just amazing talent in Illinois - and unfortunately most of these teams do not make it out of Illinois to compete against other HS around the country due to IHSA sport restrictions.

^^^I know. So many of these teams would make NCA or UCA HS nationals VERY interesting.

Example: There was a team at NCA a few weeks back that for whatever reason, had never competed nationally (Dracut HS out of NJ.) Came in and won not only the division (which has been dominated by the same 2-3 teams from TX and OK for a few years) but Grand Champions.

These teams are all totally capable of really shaking up a major high school national.

Unfortunately in IL you can't play club sports and compete at high school as well. Makes a lot of kids leave allstars when they are in high school. Gyms also have quarter season allstar teams after the state cheer comp is over. And I've seen kids added to L5 teams after the high school season is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^I always find this so unfortunate because tons of really talented kids (from both sides) end up having to choose.
And because they compete state, they can't go to other competitions outside of state because it's after the season technically ends. Like NHSCC, they can't go to that, because they are considered a "sport." The teams that do go aren't considered sports. (am I right @MHSCheercoach? I thought that was how it worked) either way, I know they can only compete one or the other
ETA: already discussed, my bad

^^^I know. So many of these teams would make NCA or UCA HS nationals VERY interesting.

Example: There was a team at NCA a few weeks back that for whatever reason, had never competed nationally (Dracut HS out of NJ.) Came in and won not only the division (which has been dominated by the same 2-3 teams from TX and OK for a few years) but Grand Champions.

These teams are all totally capable of really shaking up a major high school national.
That's kind of scary to think about. I wish Georgia were still allowed to go to UCA, can you imagine what that would be like?

Are teams not allowed to compete outside of GA? Pretty sure I saw a GA middle school in the performance order at NCA.

Back