High School Illinois Schools, Having 2 Tryouts??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 7, 2010
Okay so, my school just recently changed it to only one tryout, that one tryout will determine the varsity squad, for football season & competitive! Do you feel that this is a good idea or no??

I think with one tryout the team is more prepared come competition time since you have been together since the beginning of the year instead of trying to switch people in and around

I coach an illinois hs team, and for my competition squad, I am only having 1 try out. It is too hard to have set skills and stunt groups work together all football season and then have to switch things up when competition season starts! However, girls that cheer for football arent necessarily on the competition team, but basketball season girls are only competition girls...I hope that makes sense! :)

When I was in high school, we had two tryouts every year but my freshman year. It could get very chaotic trying to teach cheers for basketball games to the new girls while practicing for competition at the same time. I think that having just one tryout in the spring is a lot better, because it gives your team a lot longer to bond and to be prepared for competition.

Back