I'm On Level 3 & I Don't Have Certain Skills?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 6, 2016
im on level 3 and i only have a round off bhs tuck and round off tuck :( i'm not very good at round off bhs step outs and i don't have a punch front. I'm working on getting my front walkover solid. we're working on running tumbling choreography and I'm the only one who can't do a punch front or front walkover :( help

You were put on that team for a reason, even if you are missing those 2 skills. You may have stunting abilities that your teammates don't have, or be needed for a certain position. If you can't do these skills (and want them), get to open gym or a tumbling class and keep working them. Also, focus on making your choreographed passes as technically clean as you can make them. Don't worry about what your teammates have versus you, just focus on getting your skills clean and learning new ones.

@WinstonsGirl gave the perfect advice. You're on the team for a reason. You're on the team because you bring something else to the table, or you're from a small gym and you were the best person for the team. I tell people all the time to always be hungry for more. Work hard this year so that you aren't nervous or scared of tryouts next year, who knows, maybe you'll even make 4. I've seen crazier things happen!

Are u an awesome base/flyer? Something great got u on the team. Don't stress about your skills, just work harder on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with first poster. Condition hard, get into classes and if you can afford it privates, and take advantage of open gyms. Work on your skills. Listen hard, be respectful in practice and do your best. The skills will come and you were put there for a reason. Work hard and have fun.

Would you mind sharing with us your position in stunts? Are you by chance a backspot?

Back