All-Star In Need Of Feedback!!!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 14, 2011
Please check this video out its my newest video. I need as much feedback as possible. I can't get better if I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

First off great job man :)
Just some notes for you since you asked though lol

First in the Standing Full= Cant Wait to see the Standing Double :)
Second Pass: In the Roundoff Try not to reach down, Reach out more. What Happens is when you reach down in the round off it starts to cut your tumbling short and doesnt allow your feet to get under you enough and your chest up for a good entry into a whip. So that is causing you to use a lot more shoulder and back to throw the whip, instead of more arms. Which in turn is making you go back and not allowing you to set the arabian. (Imagine you are a track athlete jumping over the high bar. Right now your arabian is going into the high bar instead of stretching all the way over it.) So now that the arabian is traveling backwards a tad to much the momentum forces your round off into the ground when you come out of it. You want to try and land a little more on the Backleg and then transfer the momentum to the front leg and then continue the power through, so you dont lose any. Right now you are drving alot of that power that you built up into the floor for the round off, Which then leds to a minor under cut in the back handspring making you under cut your double which is why your chest is down on your double.

A couple things to work on:

- Try starting your pass from a Power Hurdle instead and STretch out your tumbling more. This will be great for you because one you dont need all that power of a 2 step hurdle for this pass and two you can do a longer pass.

- Set up landing mats if you can safely about the height of yourself and work on doing a power hurdle whip set. Do this mixed in with the arabians so your body start to get comfortable with setting a little higher before flipping.

- Last Start on one Knee and work on One Knee round off BHS Doubles.

I hope you dont take offense to what I am saying, I think you are a powerful athlete with the will to learn. I try and break it down a little more because when the first or second thing in the pass is off a little you wind up fighting the rest of the pass, instead of gaining power through it. I have Trained many High level tumbling athletes, Including Kiara Nowlin for more then 5 years. We always take time to go back and perfect each piece. When I would train her for a pass like. Round whip, full punch one and a half to RO whip double bounce back round off hand whip full double. You want to gain as much momentum as you can at all time and not try and fight any of the pass.

I hope I was some help. If you have any more questions you can message me.

Shawn Miller

No offence taken at all help is help. It's alot of the same things my coaches already tell me. I've been trying hard to integrate alot of it at one time. I'll also try to integrate alot of what your saying as well. This is exactly why I put it up here and i have a very consitant standing double heres a video of the cleanest one ive done with my team!

Back