All-Star Inspirational Story About Stealth Phx Athlete

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 7, 2010
Shapel Lacey, who currently cheers for Stealth Phoenix, met a young man named Jacob at NCA's this year. Jacob is on the special needs team at Oklahoma Twisters, and approached Shapel during awards and asked to sit with him. Shapel was happy to sit with Jacob, and posted a picture of the two of them (which I can't find at the moment). Fast forward to today... Jacob received a special package containing Shapel's NCA jacket, the first he'd ever won.

256z6go.jpg

This is why I love this sport so much. I teared up when I saw this and I'm tearing up again. Such a special story.

I can't say enough what a great, amazing, and inspirational person Shapel is. I am not surprised by this story at all. He was very close with the owners of AZ Heat and he helped coach many of their younger teams. He was my oldest daughter's favorite coach. He even taught Phoebe's tiny tumblers class. We were so happy to find out he finally won an NCA jacket after so many years of hard work! The fact he gave it to this athlete is even more wonderful!

I wish I had seen this yesterday when I replied to a parent who said she wasn't sure if she wanted her CP to continue with the sport because of all of the bad things cheerleaders do (I think it was the Cheer World...ctd thread). This is beautiful!! We have some amazing athletes in this sport both on and off the mat!!

excuse me while i cry. seriously the people in this sport amaze me everyday (mostly in good ways) i have never in my short 19 and a half years seen a sport as tight knit and truly wonderful as this. i truly adore the fact that when something happens in the cheer world everybody knows about it and unites together for a bigger purpose whether its an illness fundraiser or simply just to support someone or something i love how all competitors can get together for something better.

end of my heartfelt/sleep speech :)

I saw this a couple of days ago when Jeff LeForce posted it on Facebook. Keep in mind that Shapel had competed at NCA for 10 years before winning his first jacket.

I also understand that NCA offered to provide him a replacement and he turned it down according to ASCheerMan

I can't say enough what a great, amazing, and inspirational person Shapel is. I am not surprised by this story at all. He was very close with the owners of AZ Heat and he helped coach many of their younger teams. He was my oldest daughter's favorite coach. He even taught Phoebe's tiny tumblers class. We were so happy to find out he finally won an NCA jacket after so many years of hard work! The fact he gave it to this athlete is even more wonderful!

Yep, I was lucky enough to be coached by Shapel the 3 years I cheered for heat during high school. He's always been an amazing man and role model, but this just put me over the emotinal top. Lol! Love him.

Latest posts

Back