All-Star International Team Voiceovers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 18, 2010
Let me say first and foremost I love a good "calling out" in a cheer voice-over I probably could quote them all, but here is my question not condemning just thinking about it a different way.

Perhaps you were a coach at XYZ allstars where you are also on the Ioc5 team who has a huge rivalry with ABC allstars across town. These two gyms have battled at every competion leading up to an including worlds and now there is a voiceover that specifically calls out each opposing team almost by name. How as a coach do you preach a message of kindness and sportsmanship when you do that sort of thing.

THought?

Really it depends on the severity of the rivalry. For example when top gun had the 'you thought the war was won now its only just begun... we want our spot back' you know who they're talking about and what's going on but it's done in a safe enough and fun way. So really without disclosing said VoiceOver its kind of hard to judge.

ETA I also think that if the VoiceOver is done in such a way say trannystarz bites the big one and were going to step on your face because we are the T. Yes there is an issue there but really there's nothing else you can do then just keep your head high and feel flattered enough to include you within their routine ;)

I'm not really a fan, unless it's really a good natured rivalry. And you BETTER be prepared to back it up. Otherwise, you just look silly.

Really it depends on the severity of the rivalry. For example when top gun had the 'you thought the war was won now its only just begun... we want our spot back' you know who they're talking about and what's going on but it's done in a safe enough and fun way. So really without disclosing said VoiceOver its kind of hard to judge.

ETA I also think that if the VoiceOver is done in such a way say trannystarz bites the big one and were going to step on your face because we are the T. Yes there is an issue there but really there's nothing else you can do then just keep your head high and feel flattered enough to include you within their routine ;)
I LOVED Top Gun's music that year!
"You had your finger on the trigger but you just ran out of bullets. Our gun is fully loaded, and this is how we pull it. Oops I shot ya had my finger on the trigger. I had a bullet with your name on it. CLICK CLICK

Let me say first and foremost I love a good "calling out" in a cheer voice-over I probably could quote them all, but here is my question not condemning just thinking about it a different way.

Perhaps you were a coach at XYZ allstars where you are also on the Ioc5 team who has a huge rivalry with ABC allstars across town. These two gyms have battled at every competion leading up to an including worlds and now there is a voiceover that specifically calls out each opposing team almost by name. How as a coach do you preach a message of kindness and sportsmanship when you do that sort of thing.

THought?

I think its wrong and puts emphasis on the wrong things for the kids on that team. A team's mix pretty much exemplifies its personality for the season....and so making it about beating another team sends the wrong message IMO.
As a coach I am a big believer in the importance of intrinsic motivation and I think shifting a teams focus to their opponents or placing too much importance on winning is not effective and only sets a team up for deception.

I think its wrong and puts emphasis on the wrong things for the kids on that team. A team's mix pretty much exemplifies its personality for the season....and so making it about beating another team sends the wrong message IMO.
As a coach I am a big believer in the importance of intrinsic motivation and I think shifting a teams focus to their opponents or placing too much importance on winning is not effective and only sets a team up for deception.
Your last two post have made me a big fan of you. :shimmy:

Back