All-Star International Unfairness

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yeah, it's totally unfair. You can't have different teams following different rules, it's completely ridiculous

yeah i dont get it.... how can it really be considered fair compeition if we have to go by a complete different set of rules ? whether they keep this age grid or not they need to make it UNIVERSAL amongst every team competing in that division

is nobody else concerned that by making the US adhere to a different age range than the rest of the world, they are being rather blatant with favoritism towards the rest of the world with no regard for how it affects US business?

I don't agree with it either. Though my guess is that they will be allowed to compete with athletes 14-16 for next worlds only because bids have already been handed out to them, but that for the following worlds they will also be made to follow the rules.

I'm not surprised at it though, it seems the USASF wants to do whatever it can to help out the rest of the world so that they don't leave the USASF and compete for the other big "worlds" like competition overseas.

I still think I am in the minority of liking the new 17+ for the international 5 divisions.

I don't agree with it either. Though my guess is that they will be allowed to compete with athletes 14-16 for next worlds only because bids have already been handed out to them, but that for the following worlds they will also be made to follow the rules.

I'm not surprised at it though, it seems the USASF wants to do whatever it can to help out the rest of the world so that they don't leave the USASF and compete for the other big "worlds" like competition overseas.

I still think I am in the minority of liking the new 17+ for the international 5 divisions.

I agree with you. I like the rule. Can you imagine a 14 year old 60 lb flyer being put with guys from Kentucky? That's just how I imagine it. I feel like it's unnecessary.

I agree with you. I like the rule. Can you imagine a 14 year old 60 lb flyer being put with guys from Kentucky? That's just how I imagine it. I feel like it's unnecessary.

Yeah that is how I look at it as well. People don't like Senior teams with "fetus" flyers but a 14 year old being thrown around in the air by a 25 year old is a-okay. :confused:
I don't think you are in the minority for that. I personally like it as well. However comma - It's not fair to limit our ages and not other countries.

I am glad that I am not alone because in the other thread it seemed that everyone but me was against the rule. I 100% believe all countries should have to follow the rule. I know that it could hurt other countries, but if it never got changed then these other countries would never be forced to move towards the same age guidelines that we use and enter senior divisions.

If we really want other countries to move to the Senior category - then why are US gyms still fielding International teams? And not just small gyms - some of the biggest programs in the country have International teams. Because they CAN. Not because they want to compete in the Senior division someday - they already do.

Maybe the International division is truly about converting international programs to USASF age grids, I can't say for sure. But a change like that can't happen overnight. To implement those kind of changes, it would be more realistic to evaluate a country's participation numbers and get a general idea of their skill level... then gradually transition those programs to Senior / Open divisions.

Like I said in a different thread, Canada is one of the biggest players behind the US on the international mat... we are just barely beginning to field those competitive Senior teams. Most of the other countries (not all) are much further behind and this change is not going to help.

AMEN! And THAT is my issue with this, also, if 17 is the goal why not work your way up to it ex. next yr 15, then 16 THEN 17?
That was where I was curious. A smoother transition allows for international teams to know it's coming and prepare themselves for the change as well. Because if you remember- in the initial ruling it didn't specify if this was JUST for international teams. Although this will hit them MUCH more than it will hurt us..

If you look at any of the International teams , not many of them have 60 pound 14 year old fetus flyers , most programs will put those flyers on their Senior aged teams. Just saying.
But most international teams don't have several teams to choose from as to where athletes are placed.

I don't even know what to say about this one. One for rule for the U.S. and one rule for the rest of the World. Im trying to think of a scenario where this would be okay. I wonder who gets the blame for this one?

I don't even know what to say about this one. One for rule for the U.S. and one rule for the rest of the World. Im trying to think of a scenario where this would be okay. I wonder who gets the blame for this one?
Wouldn't be the first time, Bangkok got some special rules last year...

Back