All-Star International Unfairness

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As far as i know (someone correct me if i'm wrong) - no full paid in germany, austria, switzerland.

I believe there are (or were in the past) partial, but not sure.

And yes, it's a great opportunity for an european team to go to worlds, but it's really expensive.

But if i had the chance, i'd work my butt off. I think i'd even sell my car and go to work by bus :-D

sometimes i wonder if Worlds is truly a competition for every country around the world... :(
btw, this is only my wild imagination : EP like Jamfest, Cheersport, NCA hold a competition outside US (like UK, Canada, etc) and offer half of their full paid bids in that comp :)

i think the whole situation in this thread feels like "You don't know what it is like to be me". i have an idea: how about move Worlds' location to different country? (like canada, uk, etc) so, us teams could really know what it is like to be non US-international team going year after year to orlando with expensive cost #itscrazyidea. please don't attack me on this one, it's just an idea :D

Worlds in Canada....in April......Have you been here during April? At least the athletes attending worlds would save some money because they won't have to go spray tanning to get ready for Worlds Weekend.

Having been with 2 programmes that have sent teams to Worlds (but never gone myself, mind you) the average cost of flights + accommodation is around £1200 - £1500. Then add in the costs of food and drink, travel insurance when you're going to be competing in a dangerous sport, transport around in Florida etc, plus new warm ups, tracksuits or uniform or whatever is needed, I doubt any UK team actually does it much under £2,000. That's $3,259.40 according to Google.

Both programmes I've experienced have done some heavy fundraising - bake sales, bag packs, sponsored everything... but given that cheerleading is relatively unknown over here (and we're battling the pom-pom bimbo stereotype) and we're still struggling big time with a recession here, people aren't overly generous.

I'd LOVE it if paid bids were given out. I know too many very talented athletes who couldn't afford to go to Worlds, despite some intensive fundraising.

Back