Introduction: Mental Toughness Trainer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 25, 2014
Hi everyone,
This is Coach Sara, but not the teach-you-how-to-tumble or teach-you-how-to-stunt coach. Instead, I'm a Mental Toughness Trainer who helps cheerleaders work on things like getting more confident and working through fears or mental blocks. I'm excited to be here and hope to become a resource for those of you on the page.
Thanks,
Sara

Hi everyone,
This is Coach Sara, but not the teach-you-how-to-tumble or teach-you-how-to-stunt coach. Instead, I'm a Mental Toughness Trainer who helps cheerleaders work on things like getting more confident and working through fears or mental blocks. I'm excited to be here and hope to become a resource for those of you on the page.
Thanks,
Sara
What geographic location do you work within?

Is it hands on training? Online? Video chat....

Where can we read more about you and your business?

Hi Cheer Dad,
Thanks for the questions! I didn't want to sound to sales-y in the intro, but I'm happy to share more. HeadGames currently offers online mental toughness training- there are currently 5 sessions a week where athletes (mostly gymnasts) log in from wherever they live around the country. One of the mental toughness trainers leads a 20-30 minute lesson from our workbook, and then we address questions. We're on video talking and the webcampers interact by typing on our whiteboards, chat, etc. It's interactive and fun!

Starting November 2nd, I'll be leading our Cheerleader sessions,- We're adding three more session exclusively for cheerleaders (Tues/Wed 5p PST and Sun 4p PST). Cheerleaders would attend one session per week- the gymnasts and other athlete already doing webcamp have had great results. We also do private sessions via Skype so even though I'm in the Bay Area, CA, I can work with cheerleaders around the country!!

If people would like to learn more they can visit headgameswebcamp.com or email me at [email protected]

Hi Cheer Dad,
Thanks for the questions! I didn't want to sound to sales-y in the intro, but I'm happy to share more. HeadGames currently offers online mental toughness training- there are currently 5 sessions a week where athletes (mostly gymnasts) log in from wherever they live around the country. One of the mental toughness trainers leads a 20-30 minute lesson from our workbook, and then we address questions. We're on video talking and the webcampers interact by typing on our whiteboards, chat, etc. It's interactive and fun!

Starting November 2nd, I'll be leading our Cheerleader sessions,- We're adding three more session exclusively for cheerleaders (Tues/Wed 5p PST and Sun 4p PST). Cheerleaders would attend one session per week- the gymnasts and other athlete already doing webcamp have had great results. We also do private sessions via Skype so even though I'm in the Bay Area, CA, I can work with cheerleaders around the country!!

If people would like to learn more they can visit headgameswebcamp.com or email me at [email protected]
Can I ask what kind of education/training you or whoever is leading these trainings has? I have a B.S. in Sport Psychology and was thinking about doing something similar to this in the future (maybe haha, I'm currently going for my DPT, so this may not happen). Just curious!

Thanks for the question luv2cheer92-
I have a Master's Degree in Sport Psychology, and the other individuals have similar education. The founder of the company, Dr. Alison Alison Arnold has a Ph.D. That's great you have a B.S. in Sport Psych- there aren't many undergrad degrees in it! I also teach in an MA program in Sport Psych and have been working with athletes for the last 7 years, and primarily with cheerleaders and gymnasts for the last 4 years.

My cp loves webcamp. She has been doing Sunday nights with Doc Ali (@Coach Sara I think that must have been you a few Sunday's ago filling in?) and truly gets a lot out of the hour. Cp has fear issues and blocks on backwards tumbling and so far webcamp has helped her understand how to keep her mind "tight" and not let negative thinking get in the way. Obviously, it's a work in process because she's slowly working through the block with the homework and goals she sets for herself during webcamp. She will definitely be participating in the cheerleading session once it begins in November.

My cp loves webcamp. She has been doing Sunday nights with Doc Ali (@Coach Sara I think that must have been you a few Sunday's ago filling in?) and truly gets a lot out of the hour. Cp has fear issues and blocks on backwards tumbling and so far webcamp has helped her understand how to keep her mind "tight" and not let negative thinking get in the way. Obviously, it's a work in process because she's slowly working through the block with the homework and goals she sets for herself during webcamp. She will definitely be participating in the cheerleading session once it begins in November.
Hi there! Yes, that was me a couple weeks ago- I'm so glad to hear she's already a webcamper and seeing progress. Unfortunately working through blocks and fears can be a slow process so that's great she's keeping at it!

Back