Is It Normal To Stalk Your Competition Online Before You Compete? Lol!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I also see it more as "research" when we are getting ready for a big two day comp or nationals. I really use it to compare tumbling ratio's and different passes so I can easily add in more specialty passes or additional choreography if I feel we are lacking when compared to the other teams. Nobody likes showing up the underdog because they didn't know what they were going to be going up against.

Beyond looking up who I was against, I never "researched" anyone. That's time I could be using to practice, stretch, condition, press my uniform, fix my bow...whatever. The more time you spend focusing on the competition, the less time you have to focus on making your own team as close to unbeatable as is actually possible.

I can see why coaches maybe do it, but if it were me and I magically coached a team, i'd not recommend they personally went looking. It's all well and good knowing your opponents, but it just takes one to get psyched out and bang! you have a whole team unnerved.

All, the time! If my friends are competing, they ask me too. Its fun! and plus then i know what skills they need to work on and help them :) Dint feel bad, we all do it!

Just did this last night! I don't think I let any of it intimidate me but it is nice to see what my routine is lacking compared to the rest of the competitions and what adjustments can be made...

I always do this! I just like to see how our routine compares to other teams in our division, and if we actually have a chance of winning. I hate it, but I am a very competitive person when it comes to cheer :p

I also see it more as "research" when we are getting ready for a big two day comp or nationals. I really use it to compare tumbling ratio's and different passes so I can easily add in more specialty passes or additional choreography if I feel we are lacking when compared to the other teams. Nobody likes showing up the underdog because they didn't know what they were going to be going up against.

Totally agree - from a coaching perspective it is definitely helpful to "stalk" a little. When I can't find a competitor's routine on Youtube, I look on the gym's website for action shots from competitions.

Back