All-Star Is It Possible To Physically Not Be Able To Do A Backhandspring?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have a cheerleader with a metal in her spine, but i'm sure it's not that long - maybe 10-15 cm because she broke her spine. She worked her way back to cheer at our gym, and since last week she is doing her bhs again *proudcoach*.

But she's struggeling with her scorpion. She's getting there, but slowly (she is 16, if that is a helpfull information).

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

that is great!! and she is doing great.. but a scorpion can take time. (or so i think, i have never cheered.) and she is still quite young so she has her future ahead of her, i'm 23 and not so young anymore.

I had the same issue with backhandpsrings. I would bounce off my head every single time, no matter how many privates I took and how hard I tried there was no fixing it. I actually have a lot of back problems now from throwingback handsprings on my head for so long.

that's not good.. take care of your back.. i know how it is to have back pain and believe me it is not that fun..

Honestly my daughter worked on hers for two years and she was so close yet so far away. She would land on her knees no matter what she tried and it didn't seem like any coach she tried helped. She tried a different gym which we ended up switching to and has been tumbling there since may of this year and now has standing and bounding handsprings (normal and step out and walkover handsprings) as well as standing and bounding tucks and punch front passes....just since may. Sometimes it just takes a new prospective on things. Don't give up.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Wow! Which CEA is she at?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back